EPA criticized over CWA funding
- House Passes Hike in SRF Aid. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/19/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 11, p15
The article reports on the approval of a legislative bill which reauthorizes the Clean Water Act SRF program in the U.S. Despite a threatened presidential veto, the U.S. House of Representative has authorized $14 billion over four years in aid of state revolving funds for wastewater treatment...
- At Hyperion, no margin for error. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/30/93, Vol. 231 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the capital improvement program to Hyperion, a wastewater treatment plant in Los Angeles, California. Cost; Deadline for meeting full state and federal secondary standards; Expansion of design capacity; Details of the project; Planning and execution; Challenges; Contractors;...
- Nova Scotia capital pushes primary treatment effort. Carr, Housley // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/4/93, Vol. 231 Issue 14, p24
Reports on Halifax, Nova Scotia's wastewater treatment project. Cost of the projects; Sewage discharge into the harbor; Construction of tunnel to collect wastewater for treatment; Design of plant; Endorsement by an environmental assessment released in September 1993.
- Is effluent marketable. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/5/94, Vol. 233 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the investigation on a $3 billion waste-water treatment proposal for the agricultural irrigation of San Joaquin Valley. San Joaquin Valley Water Reuse Project's cost estimate; Plans for completion of an environmental impact statement of the joint venture.
- Brazilian city initiates privatized system. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/7/94, Vol. 233 Issue 19, p22
Reports that the local government of Ribeirao, Brazil has initiated wastewater treatment efforts. Previous drainage system; Estimated costs of wastewater treatment.
- Wastewater Skiing. Jackson, Danielle // Waste Age;Jul2002, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p134
Reports the conversion of wastewater into snow in Australia. Way of treating the wastewater; Removal of bacteria and viruses; Comparison of filtrated wastewater and non-filtrated.
- Boston Harbor cleanup team battles elements to stay on track. Rubin, Debra K. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/25/94, Vol. 232 Issue 17, p30
Focuses on the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's (MWRA) wastewater treatment complex in Deer Island, Massachusetts. Ruling of the United States district court of Massachusetts requiring MWRA to upgrade the existing wastewater treatment plants; Secondary treatment capacity of the...
- Hyperion fix under scrutiny. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/26/95, Vol. 234 Issue 25, p16
Reports on Los Angeles City, Calif. mayor Richard J. Riordan's plan to reconsider the consent decree mandating a $1.4 billion upgrade of its Hyperion wastewater treatment plant. Complaints from the public about hikes to in sewer fees to finance the expansion.
- More cities choose land application for biosolids. // WaterWorld;Feb98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the adoption of land treatment of wastewater by cities and towns in the United States. US Environmental Protection Agency's development of the `Land Application of Sewage Sludge and Domestic Septage' manual; Steps of land application program; Factors influencing the composition of...