Cashing in on safety
- Health and safety. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the health and safety of workers in Great Britain. Call for legislation against bullying at work; Number of fatalities involving staff and students in the education sector; 1995 `Working for Health' awards.
- Health and safety. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p13
Features several issues related to health and safety of employees in Britain. Campaign against Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) by a medical research charity, Action Research; Introduction of the book `The Economic and Social Impact of AIDS in Europe;' Purpose of the booklet `Health Risk...
- Q & A. // Waste News;05/18/98, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p8
Questions whether waste and recycling industries protect workers' health and safety. Information on the health and safety plans developed by the Olmsted County Integrated Solid Waste Program in Minnesota; Comments from Philip DiBella, president of DiBella Sanitation Incorporated.
- WORKPLACE WATCHDOGS. Fry, Pat // World & I;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p304
Discusses experts' observations on health and safety issues in the workplace. Most common affliction relating to computer use; Issue of waste reduction through recycling; Issue of fixed asset protection.
- Occupational hazards. Huber, Janean // Entrepreneur;Nov93, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p12
Reports on a survey on workplace safety released in July 1993 by the US Public Health Service. Ailments and injuries common in the workplace; Age range of victims.
- Health and safety. // People Management;5/28/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p17
Presents news briefs on safety and health of employees in the United Kingdom. Amount given to a sales assistant at Marks and Spencer company who was forced to remove her leg as a results of an accident at work; Estimated cost of sickness absence in 1997; Information on a research study...
- Development of Assessment Tools to Measure Organizational Support for Employee Health. Golaszewski, Thomas; Barr, Donald; Pronk, Nico // American Journal of Health Behavior;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p43
Objective: To develop systems that measure and effect organizational support for employee health. Methods: Multiple studies and developmental projects were reviewed that show the process of instrument development, metric quality testing, utilization within intervention studies, and prediction...
- Let employees decide how to be safer and healthier. // Patient Education Management;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p46
The article focuses on the initiative of the employees of UPS to promote their health and safety while at work, highlighting the positive implication of the initiative including the 6% cut in work-related injuries.
- Resource Update: Mental Health Issues in the Workplace - A Global Perspective. Pierce Wimberly, Sarah // Venulex Legal Summaries;2015 Q3, p1
The article offers the author's comments on the article "Mental Health Issues in the Workplace-A Global Perspective" by Sarah Pierce Wimberly in the "Corporate Counsel" magazine which discusses the difficulties in monitoring employees' mental health while balancing the duties on industrial safety.