In search of skilled employees
- The payoff from education. // Business Quarterly;Spring90, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p19
Presents a quotation on the relationship of education to the employment rate in the United States from the january 1990 issue of the `Business Week,' periodical.
- Cleaner talk. Watson, Paul // BRW;07/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p14
Reports that volunteers from Sydney University's academic staff and a funding program from P&O Services will give cleaning staff at the university a chance to develop their language skills.
- Becoming shakaijin: Working-class reproduction in Japan. Roberson, James E. // Ethnology;Fall95, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p293
Discusses the passage from educational institution to employment enterprise among two groups of male employees at a small manufacturing company in Tokyo, Japan. Literature on the nature of Japanese education system; Case of the Shintani Metals Co.
- The book of no job. Marshall, Jonathan // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p58
Comments on the lack of relationship between high school grades and unemployment, earnings and job quality. Emphasis on good work ethic and appropriate social behavior by employers; Overeducation relative to economic capacity; Need for workplace reform; Challenge of transforming American education.
- Unemployment: Who or what is to blame. Hughes, Helen // IPA Review;1994, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p7
Explores the root causes of high unemployment rate in Australia. Number of unemployed Australians; Scapegoats used to shift the blame away from fundamental policy failures; Necessity of macro-economic stability for economic growth and employment; Quality of primary education; Trend in state...
- How do I get an HR job after qualifying. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;2/5/2002, p31
Presents answers to questions relating to human resources (HR) employment with masters on business administration background in Great Britain. Suggestion of application for contract on HR-related roles; Advantages of specific HR experience in broader business context; Relevance of client...
- Employment Outcomes from a Collaborative Work Study Program. Horn, Jennifer R.; Trach, John S.; Haworth, Sharon L. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jul-Sep98, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p30
Provides information on a study on a collaborative high school program between the Departments of Rehabilitation Services and Special Education in the United States. Examination of the program to determine employment outcomes achieved from 1990 to 1995; Methods of the study; Discussion of study...
- EDUCATION LEVELS AND UNEMPLOYMENT IN ASIAN COUNTRIES. Evans Jr., Robert // Monthly Labor Review;Nov73, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p58
Discusses the relation between education levels and unemployment in Asian countries. Solution to unemployment problems and encouragement of economic growth; Unemployment rates; Japan's labor market; India's labor market.
- AGR supports plans to scrap student fee limit. Churchard, Claire // People Management;10/28/2010, p9
The article focuses on the support given by the Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR) to the review of higher education funding by Lord Browne, which recommends the suspension of the 3,290 British pounds annual fee cap.
- AAACE and ACT. Miller, Roxanne T. // Adult Learning;Fall97, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on Ken McCullough who met with some of staff members of ACT (American College Testing), to discuss a different educational approach for work force development. Background information on McCullough; Comments from McCullough; What McCullough's analysis on work force development revealed.