Recruit teen stars as your next employees
- Corporate bounty hunting. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Feb98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p5
Reports that more companies are offering cash and other perks for workers who bring in employees, with unemployment at a 24-year low. Information about a report from Chicago-based consulting firm Challenger, Gray and Christmas.
- Unexpected Surge Expands Hiring. // USA Today Magazine;
Provides information on the U.S. annual retail hiring outlook of Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois released in 2004. Factors that pose major threat to retailers hoping for strong holiday sales; Reason of some retailers for putting up Christmas displays a month earlier...
- Look beyond the borders to find the best workers. Bates, Steve // Nation's Business;Jan99, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p14
Reports on recruiting tactics suggested by John A. Challenger, executive vice president of Challenger, Gray & Christmas outplacement firm. Web sites for recruiting.
- Work-force cuts rise, but hires planned. // Journal of Business (10756124);11/12/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 23, pA15
The article reports on the plans of employers to hire more employees compared to the number of workers in 2008 in Washington. It is said that the global outplacement consulting company Challenger Gray & Christmas Inc. has indicated that some workers have seen hope after the global financial...
- Retailers to hire 700,000 this Christmas. // SCTWeek;10/4/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p2
The article reports that the U.S. retailers are likely to hire about 700,000 employees this Christmas season. According to the outplacement consultant firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc., retailers are expecting fewer people in the stores. Walmart has said that it will hire 55,000 seasonal...
- Holiday Hiring Seen Flat To Slightly Off. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/20/2011, Vol. 202 Issue 60, p2
The article focuses on the negative forecast by Challenger Gray & Christmas Inc. for the annual holiday job hiring in the retail industry in 2011. The outplacement specialist notes that the number of occupations in the retail industry for the holidays will be the lower or the same with last...
- SMALL BUSINESSES STILL REELING. // USA Today Magazine;Mar2004, Vol. 132 Issue 2706, p6
Presents a survey conducted by Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc. on the hiring of employees by small businesses in the U.S. Decline in the number of job seekers recruited by companies with 500 or fewer employees since 1999; Percentage of unemployed executives and managers who went to small...
- Another Day, Another Workplace Event. // Workforce (10928332);Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p36
Suggests what day to hire, terminate or review employee performance from John Challenger of outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas.
- Good Economic News: Fewer Jobs Cut in October than Feared. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;11/2/2011, p4
The article reports on the move of employers in the U.S. to cut fewer jobs in October 2011 than they had initially planned. Outplacement company Challenger Gray & Christmas Inc. reveals that companies intend to engage in more hiring activities than layoffs. Moreover, economists believe that such...