- French left on the rocks. Gumbel, Andrew // New Statesman & Society;7/9/93, Vol. 6 Issue 260, p10
Reports on scandals and in-fighting within the Socialist Party following its defeat in France's March 1993 general election. Pierre Beregovoy's suicide; Resignation of Jacques Attali from the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development; Calls for reform at a meeting of grassroots party...
- The Southern Baptist Convention. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 145, p2
Reports on the forgiveness asked by the Southern Baptist Convention for condoning racism for the past 150 years.
- Baylor and Baptists. // Christian Century;10/31/90, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p990
Reports on Baylor University's conflicts with the Executive Board of the Baptist Convention of Texas. Committee to examine recent changes made in the Baylor University charter.
- Less SBC representation. // Christian Century;10/31/90, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p990
Reports that the Baptist Joint Committee on Public Affairs has reduced the number of Southern Baptist Convention representatives on its board. Religious Liberty Council's new membership.
- Defying the SBC. // Christian Century;11/15/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 32, p1176
Reports on the reduction of the 2001 contributions by Southern Baptists in Texas to the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC). Amount that was deducted from its original contribution; Results of a voting on October 30, 2000; Reason for the fund cut; Stance of the SBC.
- SBC cuts BJCPA ties. // Christian Century;7/10/91, Vol. 108 Issue 21, p680
Reports that the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) voted 6,872 to 6,101 June 4 to cut its ties with the Baptist Joint Committee on Public Affairs by ceasing all financial contribution to the Washington lobby, which represents ten Baptist denominations. Previously the major contributor to the...
- Splintering continues for Southern Baptists. Leonard, B.J. // Christian Century;4/1/92, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p325
Editorial. Comments on the splintering which is occurring in the Southern Baptist Convention, examines the causes, projects what new structure may develop and what it may offer its members. Fundamentalist decade should have been launched in the Southern Baptist Convention; Fundamentalist and...
- Baptist name change. // Christian Century;4/1/92, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p327
Reports that a five-year-old organization of moderates in the Southern Baptist Convention has voted to change its name from the Southern Baptist Alliance to the Alliance of Baptists, Inc. to reflect its changing direction. Nancy Ammerman, professor of religion at Emory University in Atlanta;...
- Gay man licensed in SBC. // Christian Century;4/29/92, Vol. 109 Issue 15, p448
Reports that a Southern Baptist congregation in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, has become the second church to defy denomination leaders by taking a permissive stance on homosexuality. SBC officials considering new method to remove congregations from its rolls; Olin T. Binkley Memorial Baptist...