- Staff take action against mileage rate offer. // Nursing Standard;9/5/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p8
Nurses were among staff who took a day of industrial action last week in protest at cuts to their mileage rates.
- Union branches urged to unite in defence of Agenda for Change. // Nursing Standard;5/2/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p11
Healthcare professionals are being warned by Unison that employers' moves to erode their pay, terms and conditions will not ease off unless local branches unite and take coordinated action.
- Transport head wins Asda case. // Commercial Motor;6/12/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 5032, p10
Reports on the victory of Betty Matthews, former employee of British logistics company Asda, in a case against the firm for its failure to consult employees early enough on closing one of its depots, as of June 2003. Facts of the case; Basis of the court decision; Reaction from the company.
- No let-up in Asda row. Carter, Bridget // Commercial Motor;6/29/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5184, p20
The article focuses on the relations between British supermarket Asda and the GMB union. The distribution workers of Asda will launch a strike on June 30, 2006. Efforts have been launched by the union so that all distribution workers at Asda will have the opportunity to be on a collective...
- Strike ballot at Asda. Carter, Bridget // Commercial Motor;3/2/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5167, p7
The article deals with the strike ballot at British firm Asda. Driving and warehouse staff at supermarket chain Asda could be on strike within weeks in a dispute over collective contracts. Members of the GMB union voted on 27 February to ballot on industrial action. GMB organiser Eddie Gaudie...
- Bitter row brews as GMB confronts Asda. Craik, David // Motor Transport;3/23/2006, p2
The article focuses on the plan by the GMB trade union in Great Britain to conduct a national strike ballot against Asda Group Ltd. GMB union officers are to launch a national strike ballot of 21 Asda depots in the middle of April 2006. At issue are collective bargaining and the nonpayment of...
- Peace breaks out at Asda over union recognition. Carter, Bridget // Commercial Motor;7/6/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5185, p8
The article deals with the prevention of the strike of the distribution workers of Asda against the company. An 11th-hour deal that paved the way for collective bargaining at Asda depots halted the June 2006 strike. The deal marked the end of a confrontation between the GMB union and the...
- Movie drive at Asda outlets. // Marketing Event;Jun2000, p8
Offers a look at the retail-tainment program, a drive-in movie event at Asda stores. Comments from Marketing Store Worldwide managing director Catherine Shuttleworth.
- Union criticises Asda for cutting Sunday wages. Littlefield, David // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p8
Argues about the supermarket chain Asda's changing of the wages of its Sunday workers. Actions taken by General, Municipal, Boilermakers (GMB) union against Asda; Various comments regarding the issue; Reason why Asda staff have welcomed flexible contracts.