- CoSteel ruling imminent. // People Management;3/19/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p12
Reports that an industrial tribunal will rule on whether CoSteel Sheerness has unfairly dismissed Joe Davey, the plant's former union branch secretary.
- Tempered steel. Leahy, Michael // People Management;11/7/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p28
Contends Hugh Billot's account on union derecognition at CoSteel Sheerness and describes the human consequences of the move. Discussion on Billot's general overview of industrial relations; Results of a survey commissioned by CoSteel and undertaken by the Institute of Work Psychology at the...
- CoSteel faces health and safety inquiry. Overell, Stephen // People Management;2/20/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p7
Reports that pay systems that allegedly link accident rates to bonuses at CoSteel Sheerness are being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Contents of the documents passed to the HSE; Scope of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; Billot's reaction about the moved of the...
- Minister refuses to meet with CoSteel management. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;11/26/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p9
Reports on the refusal of Britain's Trade and Industry Minister Ian McCartney to meet with the managers at CoSteel Sheerness. Reason for the move; Discussion on the minestrial rebuff which came after a series of full public relations disasters for the company; Comments on McCartney's move.
- Controversial injury policy given all clear. Overell, Stephen // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p12
Reports that the British Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has decided not to prosecute CoSteel Sheerness over complaints about how the company manages industrial accidents. Contents of the HSE letter to the Iron and Steel Trades Confederation with regards to the issue; Details on the policy of...
- Row escalates as CoSteel digs in over recognition. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p10
Reports that CoSteel Sheerness has no intention of reviewing industrial relations practices at the Kent foundry. Demands of the Iron and Steel Trades Confederation to CoSteel; Comments from Hugh Billot, personnel director at CoSteel; Information on investigation into the employment practices of...
- Bureaucratic and strategic human resource management: An empirical comparison in the federal... Mesch, Debra J.; Perry, James L. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Oct95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p385
Attempts to identify significant differences between the bureaucratic model of human resource management (HRM) and the strategic human resource management (SHRM) model. Titles 38 and 5 of the United States Code which embodies ideas associated with strategic and bureaucratic HRM system...
- New Products. // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p64
Presents products launched for employees in the U.S. as of April 2003. Focus of the designation, Compensation Management Specialist developed by the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist Program; Resources introduced by CIGNA Retirement and Investment Services; Action taken by Charles Schwab...
- Trust slips away. Lucia, Al // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Offers advice for executives on how to rebuild employee trust. Importance of trying more candor and honesty; Need to address deficiencies in performance; Offering of individual development.