Lean and mean?
- Upwardly mobilised. Butcher, David; Atkinson, Sally // People Management;01/14/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the pockets of good practice approach that calls for organizational change to be led by a cadre of individuals from within the business. Benefits of the strategy; Political nature of the pockets approach; Emphasis of the approach on leadership; Difference of the approach with other...
- Is There a Payoff to Organizational Development? Steelman Jr., H. Stanley // Training & Development Journal;Apr76, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p18
Discusses whether there are benefits to the use of the concept of organizational development. Format for intergroup meetings; Role of the consultant; Action plans.
- Myth #3: Market planning leads to change. Hall, Robert // Bank Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p47
Looks at how organizations execute their marketing strategy. Things to be considered by marketing executives for market planning; Reasons why planning efforts fail to create change.
- LEAD PEOPLE THROUGH CHANGE. Ochalla, Bryan; Jeffries, Elizabeth // Credit Union Management;Apr2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
Discusses strategies for organizational change. Creation of corporate mission, vision and values; Importance of communication; Importance of commitment.
- Enabling Participative Change. Munro, Rolland // International Studies of Management & Organization;Winter91/92, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p52
The current emphasis by companies on advertising strategic thinking represents intentions to engage in transformational change. In this context, this article treats attempts to encapsulate strategy, such as mission statements, critical success factors, and strategic values, as semiotic...
- The Changing Role Of OD Practitioners. Warrick, D.D. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1976, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the changes in the role of organizational development practitioners. Emphasis on skills; Increase in expectations regarding training; Control over organizational development programs.
- Making It Happen: The Real Truth About Planning. Scharf, Alan // Industrial Management;May/Jun89, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
Discusses the essential phases to organizational planning. Consideration of issues related to implementation; Specification of the mission statement; Visualization of ideal ways to accomplish the mission statement; Development of a practical plan that comes as close to the target; Examination,...
- Effective change implementation. Koehler, Kenneth G. // CMA Magazine;Jun92, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p9
Discusses how organizational change in 1990s is an essential prerequisite for survival. Fundamental responsibility of managers; Forms of organizational changes; How potential barriers to implementation of changes should be identified early in the process; Factors that will facilitate the...
- Policy deployment: Planning methods that get results. Duarte, James E. // CMA Magazine;May93, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p13
Discusses policy deployment planning methods in organizations. Creation of a plan of action everyone believes in; Four basic steps in policy deployment; Preparation of organization to create policies; Inclusion of inputs from stakeholders in planning; Deployment of policies through regular...