Retail sectors acts to counter `store rage'
- The Many Facets of Store Security. McAllister, Liane // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Nov98, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the protective measures that retailers are taking in response to the increasing store crimes in the United States. Hiring of a special security staff; Employee security training; Increase in prosecution rates; Screening of prospective employees. INSET: How to handle store crime.
- Return Fraud. Perry, Phillip M. // Aqua;May2009, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
The article provides information about return fraud, which is the collecting of a refund on merchandise not legitimately purchased in the U.S. It discusses few different ways on how return fraud is done and insights on reducing the crime. According to the article, consistent policies for racing...
- Online security nets more users. Walker, Gaelle // Convenience Store;3/4/2011, p12
The article focuses on the increase in the number of retailers across Great Britain that are using Internet Eyes, an online closed-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring solution for retail stores, to combat retail crime as of March 2011.
- Manage theft in 2 simple steps. McFARTHING, PARIS // Model Retailer;Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p20
The article offers helpful tips for mitigating or even preventing theft within the store. These include the use of security sensors, cameras and security tags and creating a theft-prevention plan with careful planning such as optimizing the physical layout of the store by considering factors...
- Video Now Dominates Retail Security Systems. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p14
The article reports that video has now dominated among the retail security system in the U.S. According to the National Retail Security Survey (NRSS),live as well as security video is in use by 88 percent of retail stores in the U.S., NRSS also showed that loss prevention (LP) executives are now...
- Retail's Wholesale Use of Security Video. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2011, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p54
The article focuses on the integration of security videos in retail and wholesale stores in the U.S. to mitigate crimes. It says that Arden Fair Mall has used in-house security operation featuring high definition cameras and network video recorders (NVRs) to capture usable footage. It mentions...
- Sheriff's office holds crime prevention class. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/12/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 23, p1D
A photograph of law enforcement officers and a civilian community liaison worker during the basic crime prevention class held by the Hays County Sheriff's Office and the Central Texas Crime Prevention Association at Hays County Sheriff's Office in Hays, Texas from August 13-17, 2007 is presented.
- Bridgeport retailers take back streets. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/10/95, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p1
Reports on a group called MAMA has helped get rid of drug-dealing, drive-by shootings and gang violence in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Petition for the state to grant two million dollars to continue aesthetic improvements and launch a media campaign to promote the once crime-ridden retail strip in...
- Get the law on your side. BROOK, KATHERINE // Convenience Store;8/14/2015, p17
The article discusses the importance of maintaining a good relationship with local Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) to gain advice about dealing with retail crime. Topics covered include reduction of retail store thefts with regular visits of PCSOs to the store, using closed circuit...