EOC denies charge of deserting women
- City case renews call for pay parity. // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p1
Reports on the effort of the Equal Opportunities Commission toward the improvement of pay transparency in Great Britain. Defeat of a female analyst in a legal claim for sexual discrimination; Ruling of the employment tribunal on the pay system; Need for employers to complete an equal pay...
- Reviewing the situation. // Employers Law;Feb2003, p18
Presents a guideline for conducting an equal pay review for employees recommended by the Equal Opportunities Commission in Great Britain. Features of equal pay reviews; Steps in implementing a voluntary equal pay review; Information on case studies on the application of equal pay review. ...
- The dismantler of discrimination. // Director (00123242);Oct96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on Kamlesh Bahl, chairman of the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) in Great Britain. Challenge presented to the EOC by small businesses; Bahl's campaign in the smaller business sector; Description of discrimination as an artificial barrier to people development; Background...
- Call for local govt to set equality standards. // Personnel Today;3/26/2002, p3
Reports the plan of the Equal Opportunities Commission to urge the local government to lead on the equality in the workplace in Great Britain. Consideration of the policies and practices of the local government; Inclusion of the issues and legislations.
- EOC offers to be statutory body for sexual orientation. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;8/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the action taken by the Great Britain Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) to urge the government to suggest that it could take responsibility for sexual orientation. Implication for the rumors that a number of equality bodies could share responsibility for the areas of sexual...
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;7/13/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p10
Provides information on the issue of equal employment opportunities in Great Britain. Assessment report on sex discrimination by Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) for the year 1994; Comments of Kamlesh Bahl, EOC chairwoman on the issue.
- Are you parenting by stealth? // Computer Weekly;12/19/2002, p28
Discusses the effect of childcare responsibilities on working fathers. Research conducted by the Equal Opportunities Commission in Great Britain regarding this issue; Effect of employment of mothers on childcare process; Benefits to be provided by companies to working fathers.
- EOC launches study into the work-life balance of fathers. // People Management;7/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p9
Reports on a study being conducted by the British Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) on the role of working fathers in Great Britain as of July 2002. Goals of EOC with the study; Examination of the use of work-life policies by men; Views of the EOC on the family-friendly policies in the...
- EOC calls for `super law' to end chaos. Overell, Stephen // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the proposal by the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) for a single statue for sexual equality laws in Great Britain. Need for a clearer framework for employers; Contradictions in existing laws; Provision on compensation; Minimum wage proposals.