Recruiters charm the big money
- Working life. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Mar95, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p71
Narrates anecdotes related to the human resource development field. Includes new meaning for work deadlines; Experiences from retirement homes; Human side of corporate sexual harassment policies.
- Job-vacancy signs... Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the findings of a Robert Half International survey of chief financial officers (CFO) concerning their companies' employment plans for 1996.
- Recruitment. // People Management;12/10/98, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p11
Presents news briefs related to recruitment of employees in Great Britain. Need for train operators to recruit and train new drivers to reduce the number of services due to lack of staff; Details on the plan of Virgin Atlantic Airways and its sister travel companies for their recruitment drive;...
- Is There a Payoff to Organizational Development? Steelman Jr., H. Stanley // Training & Development Journal;Apr76, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p18
Discusses whether there are benefits to the use of the concept of organizational development. Format for intergroup meetings; Role of the consultant; Action plans.
- Dealing with the revolution in human resources. // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p10
Describes changes in the human resources (HR) functions in companies brought about by the huge demand for highly skilled workers, tight labor markets and appreciation of the value of intellectual capital in the United States. Participation of HR heads in corporate strategic planning;...
- Former employees getting warm welcome back. Kielman, Carol // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p21
Discusses how rehiring employees is becoming an important business tool in the United States. Confinement of the policy only to those who left in good graces and were excellent employees the first time around; Edelman Public Relations Worldwide's establishment of a company-wide Welcome Back...
- Employers try new tactics in old battle to find employees. // South Carolina Business Journal;Nov99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p9
Reports the use of Internet among employers in advertising job openings and for employee recruitment in South and North Carolina. Problems faced in recruiting and retention of employees; Accessibility of salary and benefits information; Details on other programs used by employers to attract...
- New roles for leaders: An HRD reporter's inquiry. Holpp, Lawrence // Training & Development;Mar95, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p46
Lists roles for leaders of corporate human resource development teams. Team-oriented management; Training of team in job and team skills; Facilitation of team interactions by encouraging balanced participation; Management of team boundaries; Provision of formal and informal recognition.
- The ingredients of good coaching. Rogers, Andrew // Works Management;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on coaching as another approach towards employee management. Elements of good coaching; Characteristics of a good coach; Application of coaching as a motivational tool; Inclusion of Impact's model to help coaches challenge under-performance. INSET: The sauce of empowerment.