Hotel makes room for its own qualifications
- Reading, 'riting and 'rithmetic aren't enough. Wolff, Carlo // Lodging Hospitality;Nov97, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on changes in education for careers in the hospitality industry. Entry of hospitality as a career; Challenge of making work interesting; Description of changes to the curriculum at various hospitality schools; Marketing hospitality as a career. INSET: Pencil and paper aren't enough..
- `Pathway to Independence' graduates hired by Marriott. // Caribbean Business;8/19/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p40
Focuses on the business-driven training program launched by the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, called `Pathways to Independence.' Program features; Implications for the hospitality industry.
- Sales training for limited-service properties pretty limited. Feiertag, Howard // Hotel & Motel Management;04/03/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the limited sales training programs for limited-service hotel properties in the United States. Training for front-office, guest-service and revenue-management staff; Aim of helping managers and owners in improving profitable sales; Group sales training.
- Accor appointment. // Travel Daily;3/19/2014, p9
The article announces that David Lowe has been appointed as director of communications and public relations at Accor Hotel of the Sydney Olympic Park hotel portfolio.
- Accor partners with Plan International. // Hotel & Accommodation Management;Apr2010, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on the program conducted by the Accor Hospitality and the Plan International Australia to promote staff morale and motivation in the hotel industry.
- Accor staff raise $240,000 for Mission Australia. // Hotel & Accommodation Management;Dec2011, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p80
The article reports that the Race to Survive: Mission Possible Australia, a three-day adventure challenge to hotel staff of Accor SA, held in Sunshine Coast, Queensland in October 2011, has raised 240,855.21 Australian dollars (AUD) benefiting disadvantaged Australians through Mission Australia.
- CHART to hold semi-annual educational conference in New Orleans. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/26/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p190
Announces the Council of Hotel and Restaurant Trainers' holding of its semi-annual educational conference from July 30 to August 20, 2000, in New Orleans, Louisiana. Topics to be discussed; Pre-conference workshops; Organization's aim of helping hospitality training professionals to improve...
- But are they ready? Morton, Alan // Restaurant Business;2/10/94, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p48
Reports on the curriculum of hospitality schools in the United States. Knowledgeability of graduates in business and practice skills; Remarks on the teaching of high-level management skills; Recommendation by restaurateur and educator Michael Hurst; Teaching of accounting skills.
- Flexible working tops most wanted list of staff benefits. Washington, Tom // Employee Benefits;Oct2008, p14
The article reports on the results of the survey entitled "Reward to engage: rewards, benefits and employee engagement in today's organizations" released by Accor Services in Great Britain. According to the survey, some of the packages that employees would like most to be offered include...