Rewards without a sting in the tail
- World Cup bonus held to be tax free. Thornhill, Andrew // Accountancy;Jun72, Vol. 83 Issue 946, p102
Relates how a professional football player in Great Britain appealed successfully against a Schedule E assessment on reward for his international services. Case brief; Legal basis of the claims; Summary of the ruling.
- Keeping winners winning. Keenan, Ted // Finance Week;05/25/2001, p19
Focuses on the importance of incentives offered to employees. Taxation of incentives. INSET: Making incentives work..
- VALUATION OF POINTS. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;11/15/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p3
The article explains the sales and use tax treatment of incentive items distributed through the modified employee incentive programs in Minnesota to reflect how the value of points are taxed when used through an authorized employer source.
- Tax Aspects of Incentives and Gifts. // Management Review;Nov65, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p59
Discusses the tax aspects of incentives and gifts in the United States. Provisions of the Revenue Act of 1962 on gifts and entertainment; Legal definition of a gift.
- GUIDANCE ON SHARE SCHEMES REWRITTEN. // Accountancy;Dec2015, Vol. 155 Issue 1468, p26
The article reports on the plan to re-write the Share Incentive Plans, Save As You Earn, Company Share Option Plans and Enterprise Management Incentives schemes in Great Britain in 2015.
- SHARE INCENTIVE SCHEMES. // Finweek;2008 Financial Taxation Supplement, p15
The article presents the provisions of section 8C of South African taxation which qualify employees and directors to be subject to tax from the rights they obtain in terms of share incentive scheme. It is stated that employee and director will be subject to tax from the shares/share options...
- GOVERNMENT INCENTIVES. // Finweek;2008 Financial Taxation Supplement, p50
The article presents a summary of some of the available government incentive categories in South Africa. It includes export incentives which help companies to gain access to export markets and research and development (R&D) incentives aimed to assist companies to invest in R&D projects. It also...
- Share success with your staff. Burnham, Andrew // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/27/2014, Issue 3086, p26
The article offers tips on how British small businesses reward employees without tax. Recommendations include Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) options, Deferred Share Purchase Plan, Growth Share Plan, and Phantom Share Plan for rewarded staff to be tax free. Such alternatives will help...
- Agents face back-dated tax on incentive earnings. Dennis, Juliet // Travel Weekly (UK);4/9/2015, Issue 2265, p5
The article focuses on a warning that travel agents in Great Britain could experience back-dated tax liability on their tour operator incentives.