Winds of change lash council staff
- West sets changes at City Hall. Read, Paul // Journal of Business (10756124);3/11/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the plan of Mayor Jim West of Spokane, Washington to pursue a major reorganization of city government aimed at improving Spokane's economy. Call for creating a new, cabinet-level division charged with economic development and shifting into that division a host of city departments;...
- Plan for unitary councils held up for five months. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;2/13/2009, p9
The article reports on the postponement of the deadline for final proposals on local government reorganization due to judicial review process in three counties in England. It says that the government wanted to replace the two-tier system that operates in the three counties with new unitary...
- Cultural barriers slow e-gov take-up. Rogers, James // Computer Weekly;4/15/2003, p5
This article focuses on a report from the Improvement and Development Agency in Great Britain highlights some of the obstacles in the way of computerization and use of Internet in local government in. There are two main challenges for councils, the cultural and communication issues of sharing...
- SMALL TOWNS DON'T ALWAYS HAVE SMALL PROBLEMS: ASHVILLE CASE STUDY. Newton, Stan; Borstorff, Patricia C. // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2011, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1
The article describes the case of a small town known as Ashville in order to evaluate the impact of organizational structure on the efficiency of small municipal governments by using Organizational Analysis (OA) as the methodology. OA is an internal business appraisal to identify areas of...
- DETROIT DISAPPEARS IF ORR SUCCEEDS. Jeffries, Zenobia // Michigan Citizen;6/23/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 33, pA1
The article reports on the impact of Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr's restructuring proposal on Detroit City in Michigan. It mentions that once Orr succeeds in its plan, only the name of the city would remain because it would not perform its duty as a municipality nor represents its citizens. It...
- Lugo apuesta por la e-administraciÃ³n. // Estrategia Financiera;2010, Vol. 25 Issue 275, p80
No abstract available.
- Complaints against councils surge. Harding, David // Public Finance;7/9/2004, p12
Reports that complaints against English councils increased in the 12 months to March 2004 in Great Britain. Annual report of the local government ombudsmen; Complaints about housing and planning; Worries about who deals with complaints against organizations.
- Women's Council set to become FSIN commission. // Saskatchewan Sage;Feb2004, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p14
The Saskatchewan First Nations Women's Council (SFNWC), is expected to become a recognized commission of the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations this month, as of February 01, 2004. Saskatchewan's First Nations chiefs are expected to vote to recognize the council during the federation's...
- Letters. // Missoula Independent;1/13/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Out of Commission," by George Ochenski, "Climate change is not real," in the January 6, 2011 issue, and a call to support Cynthia Wolken for the Ward 2 council member vacancy in Missoula, Montana.