- Teachers' anger fuelled by lack of consultation. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;05/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p11
Highlights the decision of the National Union of Teachers and the National Association of Schoolmasters and Union of Women Teachers to hold strikes in protest of the government's policies toward teachers in Great Britain. Accusations of the teachers' unions against Great Britain's Department of...
- NUT threatens strike over PRP. Day, Karen // Public Finance;03/19/99, p10
Reports that National Union of Teachers (NUT) in Great Britain is threatening industrial action to block government attempts to introduce performance-related pay for teachers. Results of surveys showing proof of the profession's opposition to changes to appraisal systems; Claims that the...
- Wake-up call. // Public Finance;04/28/2000, p4
Comments on the National Union of Teachers' (NUT) efforts to bring down the British government's performance pay plan. Recommendation of the NUT to the government; Basic truths ignored by the NUT demand; Changes in the world of education.
- `Stop whingeing', LGA tells teachers. McHale, Maria // Public Finance;04/28/2000, p7
Focuses on Local Government Association (LGA) Education Chairman Graham Lane's reaction to the successful vote by the National Union of Teachers (NUT) to ballot for strike action over performance pay. Position adopted by the LGA regarding performance pay; Flaws in the arguments raised by the...
- 7 DAYS. // New Statesman;05/01/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4484, p4
Presents news briefs in Great Britain as of May 2000. Winner of the 1999 Orwell Prize for books; Measures that Tory leader William Hague pledged to do to protect British citizens; Reason for the strike planned by the National Union of Teachers.
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on equal opportunities in employment in Great Britain. Raised pension age for women; Sex discrimination claim faced by the Britannic Assurance; Concerns about the cost of compliance for disability bill.
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p10
Provides cases in Great Britain where employees are given equal opportunities in work. Racial equality standards of Commission for Racial Equity; Payment settlement of Bayer company to dismissed employee; Government unit partnering with Opportunity 2000; Labor Party strategy on childcare;...
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;03/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p10
Discusses issues regarding equal employment opportunities in Great Britain. Effort of the Benefits Agency to increase the number of women in senior management; Findings of the survey carried out for the National Health Service (NHS) Women's Unit on salary differences between male and female...
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p11
Features news on equal employment opportunity in Britain. Launching of a book from the Commission for Racial Equality; Claims for damages by Usama Tariq, an applicant for junior's post against Halifax textile; Labour Research Department's survey on part-time and temporary working; Report from...