- PORN PERSPECTIVES. Sen, Rajib // Woman's Era;Jun2012, p46
The author reflects on the increasing focus of the media on pornography in India. He cites the controversy elicited by a news report about two legislators who are caught watching a pornographic film. He presents two definitions of pornography that both refer to materials that arouse sexual...
- PROFILE. // Event;Oct2006, p25
This article profiles Tracey Farrow, brand marketing manager for adult entertainment company Erotica. She is charged with extending the Erotica exhibition into a brand recognised beyond the adult entertainment industry. She was appointed to take the adult entertainment exhibition toward its...
- What's hot, what's not: Eroticism in Ptown show. Desautels, Gerry // Bay Windows;1/29/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 7, Special section p1
Reviews the art exhibition "The Erotica," at the Fine Arts Work Center's Hudson D. Walker Gallery in Provincetown, Massachusetts, February 10, 2004.
- AdultDex offers erotic alternative to technology tradeshow. Gerrie // Las Vegas Business Press;11/22/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p7
Highlights the 5th annual AdultDex, an adult entertainment exposition held in Las Vegas, Nevada in November 1999. Number of attendees; Exhibitors; Presence of Webmasters at the exposition; Challenges in legitimizing businesses in the adult entertainment industry.
- Datadog. Libbon, Robert P. // American Demographics;Apr2001, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p26
Reports on erotic or adult-oriented Internet web sites. Revenue generated by erotic web sites; Demographics regarding those who connect to erotica.
- All in a day's work. // Contemporary Sexuality;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p10
With Playboy's "College Girls Nude" on a table near her desk, Paula Houston goes about her job as Utah's first pornography czar. As a lawyer working in the state attorney general's office, Houston fights the pictorial evils that men do. "It portrays a mindset that people buy into, of...
- Sex! Now That I Have Your Attention... Markowitz, Laura // In the Family: A Magazine for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, & their;Summer2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p2
Presents a feminist view on pornography. Negative impact of pornography on women; Comments on the defenders of pornography.
- What is Pornography Really About? Mantilla, Karla // Off Our Backs;2007, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p56
The article presents the author's views on pornography in the U.S. Gail Dines, professor of sociology and women's studies at Wheelock College in Boston, Massachusetts, explains that mainstream pornography is becoming increasingly violent, degrading, and dehumanizing. He said that the pornography...
- THE PORN REPORT: HOW TO EVALUATE IT. Buckley Jr., WM. F. // National Review;8/15/1986, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p54
Discusses the findings of the U.S. Attorney General's Commission on Pornography report for 1986. Mistake for the Commission's Executive Director Alan Sears to write to merchandisers who handle the pornographic magazines "Playboy," "Penthouse" and "Hustler" using language both hortatory and...