- Shanghai success: latest from China. // Luxury Travel;Aug/Sep2008, p18
The article discusses the highlights of the Asia Luxury Travel Market (ALTM) 2008 held at the Shanghai Exhibition Centre in Shanghai, China, from June 16 to 19, 2008. Presentations and panel discussions were held, with speakers including Andrew Y. Wu of LVMH, Alyson Cook of "Luxury Travel" and...
- Sitting in the hot seat. // Event;Oct2012 Special Supplement, p4
An interview with former editors of "Event," including Alyson Cook, Bhavna Mistry, and Mike Fletcher, is presented. When asked about his greatest achievement at the publication, Fletcher refers to the relaunching of the title in 2001. Mistry believes that talented editorial teams are the secret...
- Calgary plots another biggie. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p16
Reports that a city committee based in Calgary is planning to enter a bid to host the 2005 World's Fair. Finances that are required to place a formal bid by 1995; Potential economic spin-offs if approval for the venture is given.
- World's fair opens on time. J.S.R. // Architectural Record;May1992, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p24
Announces that Seville's Universal Exposition opened on time, on April 20, for a six-month run. It celebrate's Columbus's voyage to America 500 years ago.
- Expo '92 Seville. Russell, James S.; Cohn, David // Architectural Record;Aug1992, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p114
Examines the plans, problems and preparations in Spain for Expo '92 being held in Seville. Looks at the overall plan and the pavilions of the United Kingdom, Japan, Navigation, Alamillo Bridge and Santa Justa Station.
- Weather minds. Masters, Tim // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Jul97, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p1531
Presents information on several Weather MINDS chapter members of the American Meteorological Society, who judged the South Central South Dakota Science and Engineering Fair, which was held at Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell. Identification of the judges; Information on the winners; What...
- Clay Day USA. Tsikalas, John G. // Ceramics Monthly;Jan1998, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p20
Presents information on the 1997 `Clay Day USA' which was held in Mexico, Missouri. Detailed information on the four-day event; Reference to Robert Moore of Missouri University-Rolla; Names of the presenters at the event; Reference to Velda Dougherty, of Kirksville, Missouri, winner of the...
- New York World's Fair of 1939-40. // Commentary;Jul85, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p62
NY World's Fair of 1939-40 was intellectually and artistically the most successful of international exhibitions. It started as a project of the Great Depression to raise morale and stimulate business, by showing means were available to create abundance and as a vehicle to assert democratic...
- South Africa shows at N.Y. Gift Fair. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Apr97, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p18
Announces the impressive showcase of South African pavilion's quality crafts in traditional and modern interpretation at the New York International Gift Fair. List of exhibitors at the pavilion; Contact information.