Who said the sky's the limit?
- the cult of the fallen angel. // Cleo;Nov2009, p128
The article looks at the trend of audience obsession to the failures of female celebrities in the U.S. Dr. Karen Brooks, associate professor in media studies at Southern Cross University, explained that the media is into stories about celebrity failures because they sell better and generate more...
- Corporate Life. Sangillo, Gregg // National Journal;10/16/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p3168
Reports on the partnership of Ernie Bower and Karen Brooks to start up an advisory services firm that will assist multinational corporations doing business in the Asia-Pacific region. Profiles of Bower and Brooks; Asian leaders that have become Bower's friend; Turning point of Brooks' career.
- Untitled. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;7/14/2006, Issue 1829, p3
A photograph depicting several travel agents that took part in the Travel Weekly weddings and honeymoons roadshow in Colchester, England, is presented. It features Karen Brooks of Future Travel, Charley Baouamina of Tahiti Tourism and Louise Cole of Hawaii Tourism Authority.
- The Global Kitchen (Book). Diebold, Ruth // Library Journal;10/15/1981, Vol. 106 Issue 18, p2029
Reviews the book 'The Global Kitchen: The Authoritative Reference on Cooking, Seasoning and Dieting With Ethnic and Natural Foods,' by Karen Gail Brooks and Gideon Bosker.
- It's Time, Cassandra Klein (Book). James, Judith // Reading Time;Feb2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p37
Reviews the book 'It's Time, Cassandra Klein,' by Karen R. Brooks.
- faking it. Bartle, Erica // Cleo;May2010, Issue 5, p100
The article argues over whether physical transformation is a form of faking an area of life. Girls are warned about the danger of moving away from their real selves by faking things. Social commentator Doctor Karen Brooks contends that the inner life is more important, that is, not compromising...
- Changes designed to make reading easier. Nibbs, Peter // Access (10300155);Mar2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the highlights of the first issue of the Australian journal "Access" for 2007. The author says that they have decided to make a few changes and give the journal much easier to read as part of their process of continually assessing and reviewing the content and layout. He...
- Tallow, The Curse of the Bond Riders I. Campbell, Jane // Reading Time;Feb2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p28
The article reviews the book "Tallow, The Curse of the Bond Riders I," by Karen Brooks.
- Life on the ocean. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;12/8/2003, Issue 1697, p33
This article presents photographs related to a reception hosted by Orient Lines at the Royal Geographical Society in Kensington to celebrate 10 years of cruising for its flagship vessel Marco Polo as of December 8, 2003. One of the photograph features executive of Orient Lines Karen Brooks and...