- Ford joins Dera to explore holograms. // Professional Engineering;12/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p9
Reports that Ford Motor Co. is considering the use of holograms to accelerate its vehicle design process. Joint venture formed by the company to facilitate the use of the technology.
- Ethnic graduates shun Ford. // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p20
Reports that Ford's image among ethnic minority graduates has been seriously damaged by the notorious doctored recruitment poster which four black employees were given white faces. Negative perception of ethnic minorities on Ford.
- Ford's `reasoned approach' to Asia. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p42
Focuses on Ford Motor Co.'s expansion plans in Asia. Views from Wayne Brooker, the company's chief in the region, on the future of the company in Asia; Plans on building businesses in the region; Tailoring of the company's manufacturing, assembly and marketing operations to the market.
- Ford slashes dealer margin. Jackson, Kathy; Teahen Jr., John K. // Automotive News;9/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5517, p1
Reports on the impact of dealer profit cuts on the prices of Ford Motor Corp.'s 1994 cars. Comparison with the price of 1993 models; Ford Division Dealer Council's opposition to the reductions in margins; Preparation of video to explain discount reductions.
- Ford bolsters safety items on pickups, vans for 1994. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;9/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5517, p15
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s bolstering of safety systems in its truck division for 1994. Changes on Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, Aerostar and Club Wagon/Econoline.
- Ford orders defect sensors. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;9/20/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5518, p2
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s plan to install sensors in four of its plants to better detect vehicle defects. Sensors built by Perceptron Inc.; Test on a sample number of vehicles.
- Ford plots CNG conversion effort. // Automotive News;9/20/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5518, p31
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s NGV Converter program. Offer of fully warranted automobiles operating on natural gas; Project to build natural gas-powered Crown Victoria sedans.
- Ford looks at new showrooms. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p1
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s plan of testing a showroom concept for its dealerships. Goal of the `Showroom 2000' project of modernizing Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealerships; Showing of a concept model of the showroom to members of the dealer councils during the January 1994 show in Detroit,...
- L-M takes information superhighway. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p3
Reports on Ford division Lincoln-Mercury's move of taking its advertising message to the information superhighway. Sue of Internet computer network to promote Lincoln models; Steps to be taken by the division in its advertising program; Lincoln as the first auto marque to create an interactive...
- Catalyst brings T-bird recall. // Automotive News;10/17/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5574, p2
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s recall of the 1986-1989 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Cougar XR7 and Merkur XR4ti automobiles to replace its catalytic converters. Possible nonmeeting of federal carbon monoxide emissions levels set by the US Environmental Protection Agency; Exclusion of vehicles...