P&O links to Quantum
- P&O claims increase in ferry business for 2002. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/27/2002, Issue 2515, p26
Reports on the increase in the ferry bookings of P&O Group in 2002. Losses posted by the company in 2001 due to the foot-and-mouth epidemic; Information on the near redundancy of shore staff; Expansion plans of the company.
- Bovis for sale. // International Construction;Oct98, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the plan of British P&O to sell its Bovis Construction subsidiary.
- P&O launches office scheme. // Estates Gazette;7/5/2003, Issue 327, p91
Reports on the agreement of P&O Group to take a 15-year lease on the Jahn Court building at the Regent Quarter mixed-use scheme in London, England. Rental cost for the transport and logistics group at the office building; Preferred developer selected by Islington Council; Estimated amount of...
- Results show a good year. // Marketing Event;Apr97, p9
Reveals the financial results of United News & Media and P&O for the year ended 1996.
- Plymouth funding takes Widows spend to Â£400m. // Estates Gazette;4/24/2004, Issue 417, p30
Reports on the decision of Scottish Widows Investment to fund a Drake Circus shopping center development project of P&O in Plymouth, England. Background on the efforts of Scottish Widows to invest in the retail sector; Purchase of a shopping center in Redditch, Wales by the investment company...
- P&O's ï¿½98m logistics loss. // Motor Transport;3/13/2003, p3
Provides information on the losses incurred related to the sale of the contract logistics business of P&O Group. Amount of goodwill paid; Background of the company; Restructuring cost of the Ferrymasters division.
- Nedlloyd and P&O announce details. // Transportation & Distribution;Nov96, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p11
Reports on merger between P&O Group and Royal Nedlloyd Group BV in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Transfer of Nedlloyd's European Container Terminal share to the merged company; Cash and asset contributions of both companies.
- P&O Group unveils new chairman. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;12/10/2004, Issue 2464, p17
This article reports that the travel company, P&O Group, has announced that John Parker will succeed Lord Sterling as chairman in May 2005. Lord Sterling, who has served for 21 years, will stand down after the group's annual general meeting. John is currently chairman of National Grid Transco...
- Danger zone. Tirschwell, Peter // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/27/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p46
Comments on the controversy and national security concerns in the U.S. regarding the merger between Dubai-based global ports operator DP World and P&O Group as of February 2006. Most vulnerable area within the U.S. maritime system; Overview of the Maritime Transportation Security Act which was...