Utah Transit agency readies first deal for light-rail line
- Traders Focus on New Deals as Utah BABs Sell. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/14/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33115, p2
The article reports on the market performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. for May 14, 2009. It states that the Utah Transit Authority came to the market with $261.5 million of taxable Build America Bond (BAB), and a $540.3 million of tax-exempt debt was priced by the Phoenix Civic...
- Market Post: Muni Prices Rise; Looking Ahead to Next Week. Weitzman, Aaron; Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;1/23/2014, p15
The article discusses the performance of municipal bond prices in the U.S. as of January 2015. Topics covered include expectations on negotiated sales and bonds scheduled for competitive sale, information on the general obligation bond offering by the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the sales...
- Utah Transit Authority Plans Record $700 Million Offering to Expand Rail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32838, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Utah Transit Authority to issue $700 million of sales tax revenue bonds in March 2008. The bonds will be priced via negotiation on March 26, with UBS Securities LLC as senior manager. Proceeds from sale will help fund the expansion of the FrontRunner...
- Market Post: UTA Issue Prices, Ky. Deal On Tap, Pa. GOs Set for Next Week. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34249, p1
The municipal bond market weathered the East Coast snowstorm with mixed results as Utah Transit Authority's $854 million offering came to market, the Kentucky issue was still on course to be priced, and the $1 billion Pennsylvania general obligation bond competitive sale was postponed for a week.
- Utah Transit Authority Brings Its Largest-Ever Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;1/26/2015, p11
The article reports the move by the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) in late January 2015 to price its 831.6 million dollar bond issue, with the proceeds to be used to smooth its debt service. According to Zions Bank Public Finance vice president Brian Baker, there appears to be good investor focus...
- Market Close: Pa. GOs Pushed Back; UTA on Track. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;1/26/2015, p17
The article discusses developments in the U.S. municipal bond market as of late January 2015, particularly the postponement of the one billion dollar Pennsylvania general obligation (GO) bond competitive sale due to a snowstorm and the advancement of the 832 million dollar Utah Transit Authority...
- S&P Upgrade Arrives on Schedule for Utah Transit Authority. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34295, p1
Standard & Poor's converted its positive outlook on Utah Transit Authority to a one-notch upgrade to A-Plus on April 17, citing the authority's improved coverage ratios after a January refunding.
- Market Close: UTA Bonds Price, Ky. Deal On Tap, Pa. GOs Delayed. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34249, p1
The municipal bond market weathered the East Coast snowstorm with mixed results as Utah Transit Authority's $854 million offering came to market, the $385 million Kentucky issue was still on course to be priced, and Pennsylvania's $1 billion competitive sale was postponed for a week.
- UTA Saved Big on $860.6M Refunding With Storm Looming. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34249, p1
Squeezing institutional and retail pricing into one day because of an approaching blizzard, the Utah Transit Authority captured record savings on the largest deal in its history.