Cleveland City Council calls for state probe into cause behind wayward wire transfer
- Lack Of Efficient System For Electronic Bill Presentment Seen As Hurdle. Wade, Will // Credit Union Journal;6/23/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p19
Discusses the growth of demand for bill payment systems in the U.S. Improvement of online presentment; Payment of bills at the website of billing company or bank; Interest of customers in online stations with bill pay services.
- A big win for the card associations, but more challenges ahead. Kutler, Jeffrey // American Banker;9/16/96 Supplement, Vol. 161 Issue 177, p12A
Focuses on Secure Electronic Transactions, the Internet payment protocol. Vulnerabilities in the Internet; Commercial and monetary activity; Encryption issues.
- Interagency electronic payments task force outlines its goals. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;3/19/97, Vol. 162 Issue 53, p2
Cites the three goals of the US Consumer Electronic Payments Task Force, formed to study how electronic money will affect consumers. Mission statement adopted by the task force.
- Plus, Internet presidents elected to the board of funds transfer group. Kutler, Jeffrey // American Banker;2/21/95, Vol. 160 Issue 34, p22
No abstract available.
- Federal government paying bills electronically. // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p66
Reports that First Bank System, Mellon bank and Visa, have collaborated to assist the United States federal government to pay its bills electronically with Visa ePay. How the payment system works; Use of Visa ePay by the General Services Administration.
- Digital cash. Shandle, Jack // Electronic Design;10/25/94, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p16
Editorial. Focuses on electronic financial transactions. Concerns over security and anonymity; Technologies designed to provide security.
- U.S. treasury department to conduct trial on electronic checks. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/13/97, Issue 322211, p24
Reports on the plans of the Department of Treasury's Financial Management Service to conduct a market trial of the Financial Services Technology Consortium's Electronic Check technology beginning in late 1997. Features of the electronic payment instrument; Security concerns about electronic...
- Creating an Integrated Payment System: The evolution of . . . Gilbert, Adam M.; Hunt, Dara // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Jul97, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p1
Traces the evolution of Federal Reserve Wire Transfer (Fedwire), an electronic funds and securities transfer system in Europe. Origins of the Fedwire system; Strategies for consolidating the system; Benefits of consolidation; Lessons learned from the Federal Reserve's experience with Fedwire. ...
- Is your wire transfer system secure? Champlain, Jack J. // Internal Auditor;Jun95, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p56
Discusses how wire transfer systems present a risk to financial institutions (FIs). Cost of wire transfers for FIs; Outgoing wire transfers; Steps in creating an outgoing wire; Incoming wires; Typical wire transfer system access controls.