California Public Utilities Commission mulls hearing over rate-reduction bonds
- San Francisco activists are rebuffed in efforts to stop $7.3 billion bond sale. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p3
Reports on California Public Utilities Commission's (CPUC) rejection of The Utility Reform Network's (TURN) rehearing request that challenges plans to sell $7.3 billion of rate-reduction bonds. Appeal of CPUC's decision to state Supreme Court; TURN's concern on the impact of the competitive...
- Court thwarts lawsuit to block utility bonds. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;12/08/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30287, p2
Presents information on the refusal of the California Supreme Court, Los Angeles, to hear a lawsuit requested for a judicial review of the California Public Utility Commision's decision by the Utility Reform Network (TURN). Information on the commisions's decision; What TURN officials said;...
- California utilities panel weighs decision on challenge to rate-reduction bond plan. Jacobus, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p6
Reports on the deliberations by the California Public Utilities Commission on a legal challenge against its plans to sell rate-reduction bonds in the states. State-based enterprises included in the sale; Possibility of seeking court orders to prevent the bond sale.
- California. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p32
Reports on San Francisco-based consumer advocacy group Consumers Union's criticism of the California Public Utilities Commission's approval of a $7.3 billion electric-rate reduction bond deal. Approval of bond applications of state's three major private utilities; Impact of the bond deal on...
- Rate Plan Proposed for Calif. Power Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p3
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's release of a draft rate agreement for the state Department of Water Resources' (DWR) bid to sell power purchase revenue bonds. Amount of the bonds to be issued by DWR; Plans of the commission to cover the department's costs related to the...
- California PUC unveils competition, investment plan. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;12/13/93, Vol. 225 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's report proposing several regulatory reforms and programs to stimulate spending on infrastructure improvements. Schedule for the proposal's review in the California legislature; Proposals of the `Enhancing California's Competitive Strength:...
- California gropes towards competitive electricity pricing. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's proposal of setting up an independent system operator to control the purchase of electricity for the California system. Power of customers to buy directly from utilities; Advantages.
- CPUC adopts landmark restructuring plan. Warkentin, Denise // Electric Light & Power;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's adoption of a plan that will create a competitive utility market structure. Competition and consumer choice; Regulation of terms, rates and conditions of utility services not subject to competition.
- Utilities Get OK to Again Buy Power. Jones, Ren�e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the approval of the California Public Utilities Commission to allow several firms to begin buying power. Removal of the state from energy-buying services; Plans of San Diego Gas and Electric Co. to buy electricity; Effects of the deregulation law in the electric industry.