Fitch is purchased by IBCA, forming global rating firm
- Fitch and IBCA `hammering out' details of future transatlantic merger. Shah, Angela; Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;08/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30207, p1
Reports on Fitch Investors Service's talks with London, England-based IBCA Ltd. for a possible merger. Refusal by both bond raters to disclose details of the merger negotiations; Benefits of the merger to Fitch and IBCA; Consolidation trends in the bond rating industry.
- Fitch goes global as merger is sealed with London's IBCA. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30285, p4
Focuses on the merger agreement between Fitch Investors Service company and IBCA Limited, which is based in London. Conditions of the agreement; Identification of title of the combined unit as `Fitch IBCA Incorporated'; Comments from president and chief operation officer of Fitch IBCA, Stephen...
- IBCA Ltd. buying Fitch Investors Service in $175 million merger of rating agencies. Elstein, Aaron; Kraus, James R. // American Banker;10/17/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 201, p24
Reports on London, England-based IBCA Ltd.'s purchase of Fitch Investors Service LP in a cash deal. Fitch Investors' plan to merge with the European agency for bank and sovereign ratings; Need for debt issuers to deal with another agency issuing solicited ratings; Fitch as the third-largest...
- Expanding fitch IBCA rattles competitors with lower fees. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p34
Presents an interview with Frank Rizzo, official of the merged bond rating agencies Fitch Investors Service and IBCA Ltd. Views on ratings assigned to bond insurers; Comparison of Fitch IBCA's rating strategies with that of competitors; Greatest challenge in the municipal market; Fitch rating...
- Fitch relaxes bankruptcy reserve requirements. // Mortgage Banking;Dec94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p10
Reports that Fitch Investors Service Inc. is relaxing borrower bankruptcy reserves requirements.
- Study identifies commercial real estate default risks. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p15
Announces a new study released by Fitch Investors Service L.P. which identifies and quantifies commercial real estate default risks on a publicly reported basis. Details of information in `Commercial Mortgage Default Study'; Other relevant information.
- Detroit credit ratings improve. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/28/96, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p32
Reports that Fitch Investors Service has increased the city of Detroit's general-obligation debt rating. Description of the changes that were made; When the changes take effect.
- Fitch launches analysis unit to rate bank loan products. Ben-Amos, Omri // American Banker;1/22/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 14, p21
Reports on Fitch Investors Service Inc.'s creation of a new loan products group to serve institutional investors. Unit to do work similar to Moody's Investor Service and Standard & Poor's Corp.; Appointment of Robert J. Grossman as executive vice president.
- Study identifies commercial real estate risks. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p18
Presents the results of a study released by New York City-based Fitch Investors Service L.P, pertaining to commercial mortgage defaults. Highest risk; Details.