Two health systems today poised to issue $243 million of deals
- Geothermal system savings are on track, despite a few bumps. // Health Facilities Management;Mar2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the geothermal power-driven heating and ventilation (HVAC) system utilized in the Sherman Hospital in Elgin, Illinois, which promotes energy conservation.
- Mercy to sell bonds. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;10/24/94, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p2
Reports on Mercy Hill Services Inc.'s plans to enter the bond market. Announcement from the Michigan State Hospital Finance Authority; Refunding of the company's debt for its hospital in Port Huron, Detroit, Michigan.
- Makeover of a mission. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;5/29/95, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the financial performance of Mercy Health Services Inc. at the end of fiscal 1994. Revenues from outpatient services; Inpatient net revenue; Trend to lower and fixed insurance payments.
- Balanced Budget act tips Saint Mary's toward pay freeze. Hoekman // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/30/99, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the cost-cutting programs of Mercy Health Services Inc.'s Saint Mary's Mercy Medical Center in Michigan. Freezing of salary increase; Employee-size reductions; Factors includes reduced federal reimbursement for Medicaid and Medicare; Managed care discounts; High drug cost; 1998...
- New hospitals building debt. SCHORSCH, KRISTEN // Crain's Chicago Business;12/5/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p0001
The article discusses the condition of Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Sherman Hospital which have saddled with big construction debts in Illinois. It notes that the three hospitals have almost 1.3 billion dollars in long-term debt to come up with the...
- Missouri's Mercy Health Readies New Money. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34205, p1
Missouri-based Mercy Health will sell $355 million of revenue bonds as soon as Tuesday to cover the costs of various projects including the ongoing construction of a replacement hospital for one destroyed by the May 2011 Joplin tornado.