Massachusetts may raise highway tolls to keep up with capital spending
- Tollway fight is where the twain do meet. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p1
Presents information on the debate over the expansion of the tollway by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Role of community activist Joe Ann Bradley and mother Debbie Giles; Reason for opposition towards the tolway; Actions taken by Environmental Law and Policy Center and others; When...
- Pain in the glass award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/12/96, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p1
Criticizes E-ZPass artificers for neglecting to tell New York customers that toll scanners will not work on car models with metal oxide windshields that deflect sunlight.
- City considers peak-hour fee on automobiles. // Inside Tucson Business;6/24/96, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p2
Reports on the proposed increase the fees charged to automobiles plying city streets during peak-hours in Tucson, Arizona. Purpose of the rate increases; Terms of the proposed rate increases.
- Street-use fee has merit. // Inside Tucson Business;6/24/96, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p4
Editorial. Comments on the proposal that would impose a $20 per year fee for automobiles traveling during peak hours in city streets in Tucson, Arizona.
- HA stands by decision not to suspend Dartford charges. // Commercial Motor;8/4/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5444, p9
The article reports on the defense made by the Highway Agency (HA) on not to halt the crossing toll charges in Dartford, England.
- ONLINE: TOP CPBJ WEB STORIES. // Central Penn Business Journal;7/23/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p2
The article presents an online recap at www.centralpennbusiness.com such as the violations at McNeil Consumer Healthcare pharmaceutical plant in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, the effect of toll increase in Pennsylvania to trucking firms in 2011, and the plan of Dan Miller to pay the 288...
- Minister: LRUC will go ahead next year. // Motor Transport;7/9/2012, p6
The article reports on the delay in the introduction of a lorry road user charge (LRUC) by the government in Great Britain.
- Toll revenue finds new use. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/25/95, Vol. 235 Issue 26, p9
Focuses on changes in a longstanding federal law to allow the state of Florida to use toll road collections for projects not related to transportation. Financing for environmental programs; Issuance of revenue bonds using the tolls as security.
- DODT puts downtown bridge tolls on fast track. Salvail, Andre // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/23/98, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p4
States that a proposal to extend toll collections on the Crescent City Connection until the year 2012, has been included in Louisiana Governor Mike Foster's special session agenda. Opposition against the proposal; Scheduled date of the session; Views of State Representative Jackie Clarkson...
- Canadians object to U.S. call for lower tolls on St. Lawrence Seaway to attract cargo. Binkley, Alex // Traffic World;9/19/94, Vol. 239 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on Canadian St. Lawrence Seaway Authority's objections to a United States call for lower tolls. Improvement of the waterway's financial outlook due to higher revenues and reduction of costs; Need to upgrade mechanical and electrical equipment of locks; Decline of shipments over the...