Physical activity and fitness patterns of children in private elementary schools
- On the Fitness Track. Alex, Nan // U.S. Kids;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p42
Describes a fitness game for children.
- An hour a day keeps the doctor away. Stastna, Marketa // Asian Pacific Post;6/21/2012, p13
The article discusses the benefits of the recommended 60 minutes of physical activity for children every day and offers tips on how to achieve it.
- Toward fitter kids. // Futurist;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p9
Presents the campaigns for the promotion of physical-fitness programs in the United States. Reason why children's participation in physical fitness programs in schools are declining; Report by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention calling for the promotion of physical activity among...
- Who Is Staying in Shape? // Weekly Reader - Pre K;May/Jun2010, Vol. 30, p6
A quiz concerning how children can stay fit is presented.
- BANK ON IT. // Parenting Early Years;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p134
The article focuses on a research which reveals that active five-year-old children tend to stay more fit than children who are eight and 11 years old.
- What's Your Legacy? Deters, Tom // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct2002, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the importance of health and fitness to U.S. children. Percentage of children that can meet the minimum fitness standards in the U.S.; Advice on keeping kids healthy.
- 3,500 CPS STUDENTS PARTICIPATE IN FUN RUN. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;6/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p8
The article focuses on the non-profit organization CHICAGO RUN that operates a program for children to promote the health and wellness of children of Chicago, Illinois and also reports on the participation of children of the Chicago Public Schools for a more active lifestyle.
- True Fit. // Working Mother;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p72
The article presents information on myths related to children's physical fitness and nutrition.
- FLYAROO. // American Fitness;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p9
The article offers information on the FLYAROO fitness program that aims to enhance children's fitness.