N.Y.C. rans hit the spot; saturation with variable-rate notes may be near
- Investors & investing. // Bond Buyer;10/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30249, p6
Presents graphs and a chart on short-term yields in the United States as of October 10, 1997. Variable-rate demand notes; Money market funds.
- Variable-rate borrowers turning to different approaches. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p37
Reports on variable-rate municipal borrowers' experimentation with different credit products. Reshuffling of the credit enhancement market; Transformation of the variable-rate sector from a buyer's market to a seller's market; Strategy of structuring a longer term on a credit agreement;...
- Chelsea Building Society cuts SVR by 0.14%. Thomas, Paul // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);12/16/2013, p1
The article reports that customers on direct-only lender's standard variable rate of Chelsea Building Society in Great Britain will pay 5.65 per cent instead of 5.79 per cent effective December 15, 2013.
- Borrowers warned as SVRs increase. Jones, Lee // Money Marketing;1/7/2010, p5
The article reports on the warning made by brokers to all the borrowers regarding the increase of lenders' standard variable rates (SVR) in Great Britain.
- Rate of change. Duffy, Kevin // Money Marketing;3/22/2012, p41
The article looks at the positive implications for the broker community of an increase in standard variable rates (SVRs) of lending firms in Great Britain.
- Adjustable-rate loans can have costly errors. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/28/95, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p17
Reports on the errors in calculating the complex rate formulas that guide the adjustable-rate loans embraced by United States home and business owners in 1994. Estimated amount being paid by borrowers for interest overcharges annually; Owners' average overpayment annually.
- Variable rate instalment lending--it can work. // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1981, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p76
Focuses on the changes in the retail lending industry in the U.S. Competition in marketplace to set rates; Development of financing programs with variable rates; Implementation of variable rate on a simple-interest loans.
- FROM KAFKA TO CYBERCORP. // Accountancy;Feb1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1254, p34
Reports that Scarborough Building Society's Flexible Payment Mortgage is based on the standard variable rate and refunds to the borrower seven monthly mortgage payments over a period of five years. INSET: FIVE ELEMENTS IN THE CYBERCORP FUTURE.
- Is your collateral worth the paper it is? Nation III, George // ABA Banking Journal;Feb89, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p42
Reports the effects of variable-rate loan provisions on financial instruments in the U.S. Problems on variable-rate instruments; Significance of the holder in due course status; Requirements for negotiability of instruments.