House approves $42.2 billion transportation spending bill
- House Passes $58-Billion Transportation Measure. // Human Events;10/20/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 38, p23
Reports that the United States House adopted the final version of the Transportation Department Appropriations bill. Provisions of the bill; Significance of the bill; Opposition of Representative Ken Bentsen (D-Tex.) on the bill.
- DOT funding bill passes House, fate remains unclear. Jaillet, James // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2015, Vol. 172 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has approved the 2016 Department of Transportation (DOT) appropriation bill, but its fate remains unclear as President Barack Obama requires the Senate to make its own version of the measure.
- Legislative Wrap-up of the 107th Congress, 1st Session. // Sea Power;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p74
Presents an update on the appropriations bills for military departments and programs approved by the United States (U.S.) House of Representatives for fiscal year 2002. U.S. Department of Defense Appropriations Act; U.S. National Defense Authorization Act; Department of Transportation...
- House and Senate Pass Big-Spend Appropriations Bills. // Human Events;10/20/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 38, p23
Reports on the passage of bipartisanship bills for the Transportation and Interior Appropriations by the United States House and Senate.
- Transit center halfway to goal. Halcom, Chad // Crain's Detroit Business;7/20/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p2
The article reports that proponents of a $7 million regional mass transit center near the Troy-Birmingham border were closer to reaching the halfway point in funding after an allocation of $1.3 million cleared the U.S. House Transportation Committee on July 17, 2009. The funding for the transit...
- Washington Outlook. DiMascio, Jen // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/20/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 30, p17
The article offers several aviation news briefs related to the U.S. government as of August 20, 2012. Topics include the impact of federal budget cuts under the authority of the U.S. Sequestration Transparency Act on the Transportation and Defense departments, the primary election victory of...
- Senate OKs transport bill. Frame, Phil // Automotive News;8/14/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5618, p2
Reports on the United States Senate's approval of the 1996 budget for the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Statement on signing the Department of Transportation and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1998. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p1667
Presents the statement given by the president of the United States on signing into law the Department of Transportation and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1998 under H.R. 2169 on October 27, 1997. Provision of funds to improve safety on highways, airways and waterways; Need for US...
- Senate set to vote on DOT spending bill. Barnes, David // Traffic World;7/29/96, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p19
Reports that a legislation appropriating $37.5 billion for the Department of Transportation is awaiting passage at the Senate for fiscal year beginning October 1. Addition of $834 million to 1995 budget; Comparison of appropriations for the Airport Improvement Program. INSET: Senate panel adds...