Gingrich: Three years to a new tax code
- Blame the IRS, not Newt. Buckley Jr., William F. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p321
Focuses on the tax controversy concerning Newt Gingrich's lecture series. Definition of perjury; Complaints against tax regulations; Proposed abolition of all deductions.
- Ron Daniels has eye on running for president in `96 election. Baillou, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;3/11/95, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p49
Reports on the intentions of Campaign for a New Tomorrow (CNT) head Ron Daniels to re-energize the movement he led during his presidential candidacy in 1992. Criticism to the rightist move of the Republicans led by Congressman Newt Gingrich (R-Georgia); Plans to build a new political party...
- Evans & Novak. Evans, Rowland; Novak, Robert // Human Events;05/29/98, Vol. 54 Issue 21, p10
Provides a political outlook for various countries worldwide, with emphasis on the United States. Discussion on tax cuts in the United States; Details on House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R.-Ga) defense of the ethanol tax subsidy; Information on presidency of the central European Bank.
- GOP faces lots of arithmetic on tax cuts. Shillinger, Kurt // Christian Science Monitor;3/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 73, p1
Reports the views expressed by House and Senate Republicans on the tax cut proposals made by Speaker Republican Newt Gingrich. Comments of Peter Navarro, an economist from the University of California in Irvine; Information on the tax cut reforms package.
- Reason Morning Links: More Questions in the Gunwalker Case, Centrist Dems Likely to Reject Obama's Tax Plan, Newt Gingrich to Unveil Another Contract. Riggs, Mike // Hit & Run;9/18/2011, p69
The article presents topics discussed on Reason.tv links, including a secretly recorded conversation between an alcohol, tobacco and firearms (ATF) agent and a gun dealer about the Fast and Furious case, the tax plan of U.S. President Barack Obama, and presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's new...
- Family matter. // Newsweek;7/15/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p6
Tells that Newt Gingrich wanted no part of half-sister Candace Gingrich's memoir, `The Accidental Activist.' The book's chronicle of her transformation into gay-rights activist; Newt's constant ignoring of her requests for an interview; Stories she tells about him in the book, related to his...
- Was he doctored in the house? Walls, Jeannette // Esquire;Aug96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the revelations by Candace Gingrich about her brother Newt in her book `The Accidental Activist.' Newt's undergoing a vasectomy; Description of Newt's book `To Renew America.'
- Gingrich-Thought. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;6/03/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p62
The article presents the author's views on Newt Gingrich, speaker of the U.S. House. The author says that these are hard times for Gingrich. A pro-left comedian, performing at the annual White House Correspondents dinner, made jokes about every aspect of Gingrich's life, including his...
- Obama's Fiscal Pivot. Brownstein, Ronald; Madhani, Aamer // National Journal;4/16/2011, p13
The article compares the speech made by U.S. President Barack Obama on the budget debate and the fight between former President Bill Clinton and then House Speaker Newt Gingrich over balancing the budget in 1995. The ability of Clinton to shift the debate from whether to balance the federal...