House Panel refuses to expand Rangel's academy bonds
- Rangel back in race. // Crain's New York Business;8/8/94, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p31
Reports on the plan of Representative Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) to stand for election as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee.
- A Straight Shooter. Gray, Katti // Essence (Time Inc.);Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p132
An interview with New York Congressman Charles Rangel is presented. He defends himself from the allegation of U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney that he knew absolutely nothing about economics. Rangel explains his reason for suggesting the reinstatement of the draft in the U.S. and mentions the...
- Charlie Rangel's ethics morass is fairly serious. Dunham, Richard // Tennessee Tribune;7/29/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p6A
The article focuses on the ethical lapses of Charles B. Rangel, member of the U.S. House of Representatives and chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee who was charged of violating House gift rules by accepting corporate funding for his trips to the Caribbean.
- Charlie's angles. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;6/24/96, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p3
Reports on Representative Charles Rangel's campaign for the chairmanship of the US House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee. Liberal voting record; Close ally of former commerce secretary Ron Brown; Openness to corporate concerns in return for support for job training and educational...
- House Panel Vote Expected on Energy Bond Bill. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p5
The article reports that HR 6049 or the Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008 sponsored by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee chairman Charles Rangel has finally put under vote to legalize the proposed issuance of up to $5.4 billion of tax credit bonds. If legalized, the bond will be used to...
- Rangel named main Democrat on House Ways and Means Committee. // New York Amsterdam News;12/24/94, Vol. 85 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the election of Congressman Charles Rangel to the senior Democratic position on the Trade Subcommittee of the United States House Ways and Means Committee. Rangel's speech on his designation; Rangel's designation to the Subcommittee on Human Resources; Role of the Human Resources...
- Rangel angles way toward means. Wechsler, Pat; Davis, Ruth G. // New York;6/20/94, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p11
Speculates on Representative Charles Rangel's political plans following the resignation of Representative Dan Rostenkowski as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee. Seniority in the committee; Obstacles to Rangel's possible succession of Rostenkowski.
- Learning to love Charlie Rangel. Currie, Duncan // American (19328117);Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p50
The author reflects on the position of U.S. House and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel on the issue of free trade. The author claims that Rangel considers the issue of trade as a source of obstacles to bipartisan compromise. The author also presents views of several legislators on the...
- House Committee adopts Rangel's drug reform plan. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;7/9/94, Vol. 85 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the US House Ways and Means Committee's adoption of a health reform proposal submitted by Congressman Charles B. Rangel. Provisions; Benefits.