Trading battles back from German rate hike
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of March 2002. Expenditures for the accommodation of A380 airplane; Economic recovery on the market; Discount on treasury bill.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31371, p2
Reports bond-related developments in the U.S. as of April 2002. Assessment of the tender rates for the discount bills of the Treasury Department in Washington; Buy-back of 30-year outstanding issues by the Treasury Department in New York; Upgrade of the general obligation bonds of Little Ferry.
- Munis End Unchanged in Light Action; Retail Sees $650 Million of Mass. GOs. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30911, p2
Provides updates related to bonds in the United States as of June 2000. Reluctance of market participants to engage in the trade of bonds; Increase in bond prices in the Treasury cash market; Trade report of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.
- Bond Buyer yield indexes increase before holiday slowdown. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p25
Focuses on the increase in bond yield indexes as monitored by the `Bond Buyer' periodical. Rise in 20-bond and 11-bond indexes of general obligation yields; Yields on long-term Treasury securities; Slowdown in municipal bond activity amid air strikes against Iraq and impeachment debate in the...
- Valuation Process and Market Efficiency for US Treasury Bonds. Klein, Linda S.; Tirtiroglu, Dogan // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Winter97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p74
Investigates the efficiency of the bond valuation process by analyzing the effect of a call announcement on the United States Treasury Bond market. Background information on past research and on the callable Treasury bond market; Sample selection process and methodology used in the study;...
- Treasury to Raise New Cash With 4-Weeks. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p2
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Treasury Department to sell discount bills.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31010, p31
Reports the stock market performance in the United States as of November 2000. Data on the daily and weekly indicators on bond index; List of various renounced treasury bills; Daily presumption on ranges of municipal bond index; Rate of several bond indexes.
- N.Y.S. GOs, Pennsylvania housings lead primary, prices end higher. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p2
Reports on the municipal securities trading activity in the United States on March 9, 1999. Rise in prices of tax-exempt bonds due to rising Treasuries and higher-than-expected productivity numbers; Attribution of municipals' price gains to technical stabilization; Pricing and re-pricing of the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; O'Connor, Jeanine; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31217, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States as of September 2001. Decline of construction spending; Increase of the price index of the National Association of Purchasing Management; Sale of four-week discount bills by the Treasury Department.