Lawmaker: Bank reform near vote by Commerce Committee
- House panel approves portability bill. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/18/96, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p1
Looks at the House Commerce subcommittee's approval of a health insurance reform bill, which would guarantee portability of both group-to-group and group-to-individual coverage. Praise from the Health Insurance Association of America; Details of votes and bill.
- A (Commerce) House divided. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;11/13/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the contest between Representatives Billy Tauzin and Mike Oxley for the chairmanship of the United States House Commerce Committee. Amount of money raised by Tauzin and Oxley for the Republican Party; Background on Tauzin and Oxley's political career; Overview of the members of the...
- House Superfund reform predicted. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;5/1/95, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p46
Reports that the United States House of Representatives could begin debating a Superfund reform bill by fall 1995. Representative Michael Oxley's prediction of House action for 1995; House Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Hazardous Materials' plans to hold more hearings in May 1995;...
- Commerce panel jurisdiction over modernization extended. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;09/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30235, p40
Reports that the US House leadership has granted the Commerce Committee indefinite jurisdiction over financial modernization legislation. Letter to Speaker Newt Gingrich from House Banking Committee chairman James Leach; Legislation sponsored by Leach.
- House Commerce Committee ready to run with finance modernization bill. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;07/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30184, p6
Reports on the voting of the financial modernization bill by legislators on the US House Commerce Committee. Hearings planned for the bill; Provisions contained in the legislation.
- House Leadership Forces Bliley's Hand on Superfund. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;10/20/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 39, p16
Reports that the United States' Commerce Committee has approved a Superfund bill. What prompted the committee to approved the bill; Benefits of the bill; Supporters of the bill.
- Commerce Panel Has till June 11 for Reform Vote. Anason, Dean // American Banker;5/14/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 92, p2
Focuses on the deadline of a financial reform legislation vote for the House Commerce Committee in the United States. Provisions on limiting powers for direct subsidiaries of banks; Predictions that the committee will require banks to conduct other securities activities in holding company...
- House panel's vote on financial reform expected to be postponed until next week. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;9/16/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 178, p2
Reports that US House Commerce Committee's finance and hazardous materials subcomittee is expected to delay its vote on financial modernization. Non-availability of a final draft of the proposal.
- Telcomsubcom chairmanship up in air. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p20
Reports on a struggle between United States Representatives Billy Tauzin (R-La.) and Mike Oxley (R-Ohio) for the chairmanship of the House Telecommunications Subcommittee upon the retirement of chair, Jack Fields (R-Tex.) by the end of 1996. Background on Tauzin and Oxley; Concerns of Commerce...