Lawmaker: Bank reform near vote by Commerce Committee
- Oxley retains chair of subcommittee. // Waste News;12/21/98, Vol. 4 Issue 32, p6
Reports that United States House Commerce Committee Chairman Thomas J. Bliley Jr. has renamed Representative Michael Oxley, to head the panel's subcommittee on finance and hazardous materials.
- House Superfund reform predicted. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;5/1/95, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p46
Reports that the United States House of Representatives could begin debating a Superfund reform bill by fall 1995. Representative Michael Oxley's prediction of House action for 1995; House Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Hazardous Materials' plans to hold more hearings in May 1995;...
- Subcommittee to examine electronic trading's market impact. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p5
Reports on the United States House Commerce Committee finance panel's examination of electronic trading and its impact on financial markets. Plan of Representative Michael Oxley to introduce a legislation the issue; Campaign finance reform.
- Race is on to succeed commerce's Bliley. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the race for the chairmanship of the United States House of Representatives Commerce Committee in line with the retirement of Tom Bliley. Commerce as one of the most powerful committees in Congress; US Representatives Billy Tauzin and Mike Oxley as candidates for the position;...
- Oxley Speaks Out. Winston, David A. // Advisor Today;Mar2002, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p72
Presents a comment from Representative Michael G. Oxley (R-Ohio) on the enactment of the Terrorism Risk Protection Act in the U.S.
- Oxley adamant insurers should repay terror funds. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;9/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p3
Reports the statement of chairman of the House Financial Services Committee on the approval of the terrorism insurance legislation in the U.S. Requirements for the insurers to repay the amount receive from the government; Assessment of the legislation by Representative Michael Oxley; Insurance...
- Oxley Insists on Terrorism Payback. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/5/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 31, p5
Reports on a statement issued by Representative Mike Oxley (R.-Ohio) regarding the required provision for the terrorism insurance legislation that have been introduced in the U.S. as of August 5, 2002. Details of the provision needed for the introduced terrorism insurance legislation in the...
- Telcomsubcom chairmanship up in air. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p20
Reports on a struggle between United States Representatives Billy Tauzin (R-La.) and Mike Oxley (R-Ohio) for the chairmanship of the House Telecommunications Subcommittee upon the retirement of chair, Jack Fields (R-Tex.) by the end of 1996. Background on Tauzin and Oxley; Concerns of Commerce...
- Oxley Vows to Fight Preemption by OCC. Garver, Rob // American Banker;4/12/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 70, p4
Reports on the commitment of House Financial Services Committee chairman Michael G. Oxley of Ohio to prevent the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency from preempting state insurance laws. Participation of Oxley with the U.S. Department of Treasury to change OCC approach; Details of...