How much medical disclosure is too much?
- Know what's confidential... Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;02/24/97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, pH6
Focuses on the growing concerns relating to the lack of privacy in personal medical records. Who shares information on individual's medical records; Use of the Internet by health care providers to exchange patient data; Views of key individuals on the issue; Details on the sharing of personal...
- Access to medical records differs across state lines. // HealthFacts;May97, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the absence of standardized access to medical records in the United States. Number of states that grant people the right to see their medical records; Differences among states with access.
- Shoring up protection of personal health data. Detmer, Don E.; Steen, Elaine B. // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p73
Opinion. Comments that a much needed bill would enhance the confidentiality of medical records while allowing continued access for vital public purposes in the United States. Benefits of confidentiality; Reasons why action is needed; Use of the Bennett bill as a sound policy framework for...
- Are your medical records private? E.B. // Medical Update;Jan96, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the confidentiality of medical records. Consequences of unauthorized release of medical information; Need for enactment of more stringent laws regarding hospital records; Suggestions on the protection of a person's privacy from the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse of the Center for...
- New draft on European directive on confidential data. Lynge, Elsebeth // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/22/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6986, p1024
Reports on the council of the European Union's publication of a new draft of the European directive on protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. Aim of allowing member states to implement legislation that balances the...
- Data bill to be fixed. // Modern Healthcare;11/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p35
Reports on the proposal of a federal medical-record confidentiality bill called Medical Records Confidentiality Act, in the United States Labor and Human Resources Committee. Rights being given by the bill to patients and providers concerning medical records.
- Data security. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;09/30/96, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p32
Focuses on the possible breach of patient's confidential files that may result from the healthcare industry of the United States, heavy investments into computer technology. Impact that inadequate security could have on data; Reasons for concerns of security of medical records; Implications...
- Information management. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;7/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 14, p22
Reports on the use and benefits of retrieving historical clinical data to the care processes of ambulatory patients. Study findings; Researchers.
- Know what's confidential... Moore, Anne // Crain's Small Business -- Chicago Edition;Mar1997, Vol. 5 Issue 2, pH6
Discusses the increase in medical privacy concerns. Health care providers' exchange of patient data via the Internet; Reference to the excess information that is available to payers and their health care partners; Remarks by Dale Emerson, assistant deputy director for the state Department of...