Food for thought
- Why time is running out for HR, unless... Kuijpers, Rob // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p19
Opinion. Criticizes the main functions of the human resources (HR). Effect of HR's inability to provide practical strategic input; Author's idea of an HR executive for his company, DHL Worldwide Express.
- One foot in the past. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the results of the research conducted by the Institute for Employment Studies concerning the trends that have emerged within the human resource function in Great Britain.
- EC 1992: Human resources in a unified market implications for U.S.-Canada competitiveness. Ludolph, Charles M. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p83
Focuses on the human resources policy in the European Community (EC). Background on the EC's unified market; Competitiveness-related issues.
- Discussion after the speech of Charles M. Ludolph. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1990, Vol. 16, p87
Focuses on the discussion following the speech by US Department of Commerce's Office of European Community Affairs Director Charles M. Ludolph, given at the Canada-United States Law Institute's 1990 conference held in Cleveland, Ohio. Focus on human resources policy in the European Community.
- The human face of human resources. Howard Jr., S. Hunter // South Carolina Business Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p2
Comments on the quality of the human resources in South Carolina. Competitive advantage provided by human resources to business; Role of the human resources professional in linking employees to the product.
- Competing pressures for human resource investment. Harrell-Cook, Gloria; Ferris, Gerald R. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p317
Analyzes the differences in the valuation of human resource investments. Concerns of the agency theory; Determinants of corporate structure; Explanation of the institutional theory and resource dependence theory; Effects of lack of investments in human resources; Differences in the amount of...
- A note on human capital vs. screening: Evidence from sportometrics. Mixon. Jr., Franklin G.; Ressler, Rand W. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep93, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p96
Examines the relationship between varying talent levels of college football recruits and the team's output to test the theory that those individuals who have invested heavily in themselves will have marginal product. Returns to heterogenous labor inputs in the market; Educational attainment and...
- The determinants of earnings differentials for indigenous Americans: Human capital, location, or... Hurst, Michael // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Winter97, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p787
Examines the determination of earnings differentials from a human capital perspective. Comparison of three categories of Indians; Importance of human capital; Characteristics of human capital; Importance of the characteristics; Definition of the data sources; Estimation equations; Presentation...
- Taming the labor shortage. Posner, B.G. // Inc.;Nov89, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p168
Discusses how to attract low-skill employees in a tight market. INSET: Five ways to sell a part-time job..