Thumbs up for staffing Web sites
- TEMPORARILY INSANE FROM FINDING IT TEMPS? Vaas, Lisa; Moad, Jeff // eWeek;10/02/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p66
Focuses on Internet-based companies' struggle to recruit temporary information technology talent. Professional services automation software vendors' addition of applications and features that help streamline the management of contingent work forces; Goal of helping hiring managers reduce risk;...
- Start new hires as temps. // Communication Briefings;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p2
The article offers suggestions on how a firm should hire employees, adapted from the online article "Try Before You."
- New attitude. Griffin, Cynthia E. // Entrepreneur;Jul98, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p12
Opinion. Focuses on how businesses can benefit from recruiting potential temporary workers. What category temporary workers fall into; Estimated amount of Americans that are unemployed; Benefits of hiring temporary workers; Comments from Phil Kosak, president of Carolina Fine Snacks.
- Hiring smart. Stodder, Gayle Sato // Entrepreneur;Mar1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p64
Presents advice on hiring temporary employees. Reference checks; Employers' liability; Legal issues.
- Talent on reserve. Brotherton, Phaedra; Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p82
Presents suggestions for companies on how to hire new employees when needed. Training and development of employees to fill in vacated positions; Use of temporary hiring agencies; Solicitation of personal referrals.
- To temp or not to temp: The new staffing solution. Ludwig, Curtis // Fort Worth Business Press;09/08/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p26
Comments on factors to consider before hiring temporary employees to suit business management needs. Effectiveness of temporary employment for determining whether a potential employee is suitable for full-time employment; Cases where part-time employment is more suitable.
- Retailers' roundtable. Marcin, Natalie // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep94, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p168
Presents the views and opinions of gift and accessory retailers about recruitment of Christmas sales associates, training and supervision of temporary employees. Views and opinions of Bill Forston of BJ's Flowers and Gifts, Margaret Hathaway of M.L. Jarvis Inc., Holly Heftner of Elements, Jerry...
- Recruitment. // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on recruitment of employees in Great Britain. Reason executives are more likely to lose their jobs in the expected downturn; Number of people that Stakis company plans to recruit to staff a planned expansion; Number of temporary staff finding work.
- Now's the Time to Think Staffing. Zappe, John // Fordyce Letter;Oct2012, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including marketing of temporary employees for start-up recruitment firms, employee recruitment strategies, and success in recruiting employees.