Read my body-talk
- Managing in the 90s. Buhler, Patricia // Supervision;Sep91, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p18
Discusses information about non-verbal communication. Description of non-verbal communication; How to say what you mean and avoid mixed signals; Analysis on intonation of voice; How body language carries more meaning in communication; Three primary distance zones to operate proxemics; How...
- More than words can say. // American Salesman;Apr96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p24
Presents suggestions for conveying positive body language. Posture and gestures while listening; Improvement of speaking skills by complementing body movements with messages; Understanding of implied messages in other people's body language.
- Body language. // American Salesman;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p20
Discusses the significance of certain body language signs. Standing up to address a seated person; Facing a person directly; Incident in the life of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert.
- Body language conveys most communication. Basile, Frank // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/30/98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p27A
Offers advice for businessmen on reading body language. Samples of body language conveyed during conversation; Importance of understanding body language; Importance of a person's awareness to the body language he or she is conveying.
- Metaphors of the body in gestural languages. Bouvet, Danielle // Diogenes;1996, Vol. 44 Issue 175, p27
Discusses gestural languages and the opportunity which they offer to study corporeal metaphors in the development of language. Iconic dimension of gestural languages; Body-related representations revealed by abstract signs.
- Actions speak louder than words. // Executive Report;Oct95, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p11
Presents `Communication Briefings' newsletter executive editor Frank Grazian's advice on improving nonverbal communication in business.
- Here and there. Raban, Jonathan // New Yorker;11/24/97, Vol. 73 Issue 36, p55
Compares the relevance of body language in culture in the United States and Great Britain. Importance of the trial of the English nurse, Louise Woodward; Significance of an English accent in Hollywood.
- Leading indicators. Zimmerman, Eilene // Men's Health;Dec93, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p34
Asserts that women have different body language than men and presents a list of translations for men who are in need of clues. Eye contact; Smiles; Movement; How to interpret a flushed face; Additional information.
- How to get them to back off. Corridan, Kara // Redbook;Apr97, Vol. 188 Issue 6, p60
Offers ways on how to maintain personal space without making a scene. Patting the offender; Staring at the offender; Things to be avoided.