Dental HMO enrollment explodes
- Dental HMO's slow to take hold in Valley. Franks, Jonathan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/16/98, Issue 322277, p14
Reports on challenges facing dental health maintenance organizations (HMOs) in the health insurance market in California's Central San Joaquin Valley. Managed care model's lack of acceptance in the region; Differences between dental HMOs and medical HMOs; Dental plan trends in the region.
- Dental HMO providers. Truong, Tommy T.; Potter, Heidi // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p54
Lists the top dental health maintenance organization providers in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by the number of members in the local area in 1998. Includes PMI Dental Health Plan; DentiCare of California Inc.; Safeguard Health Plans.
- Experts say dental HMOs, PPOs on the fast track. Schwartz, Matthew P. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/16/95, Vol. 99 Issue 42, p7
Reports that a growing number of insurance companies, driven by employers who have slashed their medical costs via managed health care, are developing dental managed care products. Charge that dental health maintenance organizations are short--changing the patients; Inroads made by dental HMOs;...
- Dental care providers on cusp of managed care. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;12/09/96, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p15
Reports that dental care providers in the United States have changed to managed care programs and larger practices to have access to savings related to managed health care. Comments from Carl Zimmerman of Delta Dental Plans; Advantages of amalgamating a managed care program; Results of a study...
- New association aims to improve care for HIV patients. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jul93, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the establishment of Dental Alliance for AIDS/HIV Care, an organization which aims to provide improved oral health care to people with the human immunodeficiency virus. Founders; Officers; Contact information.
- Largest dental managed care organizations serving Indiana. Cullather, Sarah; Ritchie, Petra // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/13/98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p30A
Presents a chart listing the largest dental managed care organizations in Indiana ranked according to number of enrollees as of January 1, 1998. Product names; Parent firm; Representative clients; Contact information.
- Firms cut teeth on idea of managed dentistry. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;9/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the growing popularity of dental health maintenance organizations (HMO) in New York City. Graph illustrating national enrollment in dental managed care from 1990-1995; Economic benefits of dental HMOs.
- Diary. // British Dental Journal;4/14/2012, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p312
The article offers information on several dental conference including British Dental Conference and Exhibition 2012 on April 26-28, 2012 at Manchester Central Convention Complex, 118th Meeting of the American Dental Society of Europe on June 28-30, 2012 at Vienna, Austria, and 17th Word Congress...
- Dental HMOS. Chen, Susan; Tiettmeyer, Eric // Orange County Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p30
Presents statistics on dental health maintenance organizations (DHMOs) in California. Names of DHMOs: Enrollment in Orange County; Location of corporate headquarters; Contact points.
- Largest dental benefit providers. Youmans, Sabrina // San Diego Business Journal;12/25/95 Book of Lists, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p76
Presents a chart showing the largest dental benefit providers in San Diego, California according to number of enrollees as of January 1, 1995. Company name and address; Contact information; Dental plans offered; Number of local contracting dentists; Number of specialties; Company profile.