Be prudent with E-mail use
- Stamp out E-mail security holes. Babcock, Charles // Inter@ctive Week;08/10/98, Vol. 5 Issue 30, p26
Opinion. Discusses ways in which electronic-mail security holes can be eliminated. Description of the flaws found in Microsoft Corp.'s and Netscape Communications Corp.'s electronic-mailing systems; Reference to the discovery of a generic problem in Unix server environment; Consequences of an...
- PROTECT YOUR E-MAIL. Negrino, Tom // Macworld;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p72
Focuses on the ways of protecting electronic mail messages. Routing process of an e-mail message; Reason why companies monitor the e-mails of its employees; Guide in protecting the privacy of e-mail messages; Help offered by encryption software. INSETS: Don't Take Candy from Strangers;Padlock...
- Reduce e-mail hassles with a permanent address. Smith, Kevin C. // Urology Times;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p44
Discusses topics related to the use of electronic mail addresses for physicians in the United States. Importance of using permanent electronic mail addresses; Junk mail protection; Mailbomb protection; Mailblocking; Mail sorting; Pager notification.
- Who's Reading Your e-mail? Behar, Richard // Fortune;2/3/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p56
Reports on electronic mail (e-mail) privacy. Evidence to suggest that e-mail is not as secure as one might think; How a Fortune 500 company's e-mail system, with permission, was broken into as a test of e-mail security; The number of attacks on e-mail systems which go undetected; Measures taken...
- NETWATCH. Sheehy, Don; Trites, Gerald // CA Magazine;May2001, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p14
Presents a guide to business and accounting on the Internet. Functionality of the Web-based service HyperSend; Products that improve electronic mail security; Options offered by TFS Secure Messaging.
- Creating and managing the electronic mailroom. Moynihan, James J. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p110
Reports that when information on paper is replaced entirely by electronic mail, organizations will face the challenge of creating and managing an electronic mailroom. Key to operate an effective mailroom; Information about the EDI envelopes; Highlight of the e-mail transmissions; Network...
- Tools grapple with e-mail security, filtering. Doan, Amy // InfoWorld;3/10/97, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the discussion on message security and the reduction of e-mail clutter at Spring Internet World `97 exposition in Los Angeles, California in March 1997. Includes Tumbleweed Software's plans to integrate VeriSign's digital certificate technology within its Posta messaging system;...
- Set your rules on e-mail. Harvey, Jeanne Walker // Nation's Business;Aug95, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p48
Presents guidelines for writing an electronic mail policy. Importance of having a written electronic mail policy to avoid legal problems for employers.
- Encryption: The ultimate protection? Gewecke, Thomas // PC World;Aug1993, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p169
Evaluates encryption in electronic mail systems as a means of protection for network communications. Types of encryption schemes; Public and private keys; Encryptions schemes used in different software; Lotus cc:Mail and Lotus Notes; Microsoft Mail; Wordperfect Office 4.0; Advantages and...