NACo adds volunteerism affiliate
- Sustainable communities focus of County Government Week. // American City & County;Apr98, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p88
Focuses on National County Government Week which is scheduled for April 19-25, 1998 and sponsored by the National Association of Counties. Details on National County Government Week; Suggestions from the National Association of Counties; Contact information.
- Center formed to aid counties. // Pensions & Investments;2/6/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the National Association of Counties' establishment of a financial services center to help counties with employee benefits and pool investments following the bankruptcy filing by Orange County, California. Task force to analyze investments by counties.
- National Association of Counties Adds DEM Equity Option. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;06/04/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p3
Announces that the National Association of Counties has decided to add the DEM Equity Fund to its investment options.
- Franke takes a full plate to Congress. Ward, Janet // American City & County;Jan1995, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p64
Profiles Randy Franke and his role as the president of the National Association of Counties (NACo). Expert on solid waste; Comments on the impact of change in the US Congress; Speculations on the implementation of a Children's Initiatives program.
- Avoiding investment pool disasters. Powell, Max // American City & County;May95, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p10
Discusses how to stay away from county finance investment losses similar to what happened to the financial policies of Orange County, California according to guidelines by the National Association of Counties (NACo). Suggestion of appointing county department heads; Establishment of a structure...
- Alliance gives counties new options. Swendiman, Steve // American City & County;Mar1997, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p6
Talks about the alliance between the Financial Services Center of the National Association of Counties and Sedgwick University to provide insurance-related services for counties, county employees and retirees. Management of the alliance by an oversight committee; Research and training to be...
- Caucus prioritizes county needs at first meeting. // Bond Buyer;11/24/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30527, p4
Highlights the inaugural meeting of the National Association of Counties' Rural Action Caucus.
- Santa Fe-vorite. Isaacs, Lindsay // American City & County;July2001, Vol. 116 Issue 11, p38
Features Javier Gonzales, Sante Fe County, New Mexico Commissioner and president of the National Association of Counties (NACo). Importance of public service for Gonzales' family; Accomplishments of Gonzales as Sante Fe County Commissioner; Plan for his NACo presidency.
- Needed: 500,000 Poll Workers. // Public Management (00333611);Nov2002, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the efforts of the National Association of Counties (NACo) to improve the election system by getting more Americans to serve as poll workers in the U.S. Overview of the Expand Democracy in America campaign of NACo; Responsibility of citizens to the community; Plans of NACo to add...