Neste exits resins business
- OMV and Borealis Consider Petchems Expansions in Austria. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;4/26/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 17, p21
Reveals the plans of OMV company and Borealis company to expand their petrochemical business operations in Austria. Study commissioned by the companies for the expansion of their plant capacities; Information on products manufactured by the companies.
- Borealis to buy OMV's PCD as Neste exits. // Chemical Market Reporter;09/22/97, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p6
Reports on Borealis' plan to acquire PCD Polymere from OMV. Company background; Details of the negotiations; Terms of the purchase agreement.
- Petrochemical Industry Faces Restructuring. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;07/17/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on the restructuring of the European petrochemicals industry. Joint venture announced by Repsol YPF and Borealis; Plans unveiled by BP Amoco for a major increase in capital expenditures in petrochemicals; Merger discussed by E.ON and OMV.
- Neste and OMV seen talks. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;09/01/97, Vol. 252 Issue 9, p6
Reports that Neste Corp. is negotiating to sell its 50 percent stake in Borealis to OMV AG.
- OMV Makes a Bid for Control of Petrom. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/31/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 22, p4
Reports that OMV has been asked by Romanian government to enter into exclusive negotiations to take control of Petrom, the country's largest oil and gas manufacturers which is state-owned. Other bidders for Petrom; Plan of OMV to initially acquire a 33% stake in Petrom.
- Purchase to boost polyolefins for Repsol. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;10/25/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2121, p7
Reports on the result of the acquisition of Borealis' polyethylene plants at Sines, Portugal by Repsol YPF in October 2004. Benefits of the acquisition; Aim of Repsol.
- Ineos Buys Borealis's Norwegian Assets. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/13/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on the decision of Ineos to acquire Borealis's petrochemical manufacturing business in Norway for �290 million. The business consists of a polyolefins complex at Bamble and a 50% stake in the Noretyl gas cracker at Rafnes. Ineos announced that it plans to acquire Kerling...
- Borealis Details Planned Share Offering. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/22/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 10, p21
No abstract available.
- OMV, Borealis finalize linkup. Hamilton, George; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/13/98, Vol. 160 Issue 18, p21
Looks at the joint venture between two European polyolefins producers, OMV and Borealis. Borealis' acquisition of OMV subsidiary PCD Polymere; What the PCD acquisition means to Borealis; Other acquisition activities of Borealis.