Union Texas Petroleum
- Pakistan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/8/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p18
Reports on Union Texas Petroleum Holdings Inc.'s announcement that its Pakistan subsidiary Union Texas Pakistan has made two oil discoveries in the Badin block in Sind province in Pakistan. Average production of the oil wells.
- Union Texas reorganizes, brings up new leadership. T.C. // Chemical Week;6/19/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 24, p18
Reports on Union Texas Petroleum's reorganization of its operations. Features of the reorganization; Officer changes in the company; Comment by company chairman and chief executive officer John Whitmire.
- Union texas Petroleum plans note sale to reduce bank debt. Goodwin, William // American Banker;3/17/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 52, p24
Reports on Union Texas Petroleum Holdings Inc.'s plan to sell $200 million of senior notes. Purpose of proceeds; Management of offering; Creditor.
- Attack claims Union Texas employees in Karachi. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec97, Vol. 224 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the ambush attack launched by unknown assailants against Union Texas Petroleum Holdings Inc. employees in Karachi, Pakistan on November 12, 1997. Purpose of the employees' trip to the company's Karachi office.
- Advances in riserless drilling pushing the deepwater surface string envelope. Rowden, Michael V. // Offshore;Jun2001, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the usefulness of conventional seawater sweeps (SWS) and calcium chloride drilling in deepwater wells in the Gulf of Mexico. Requirements for using the riserless drilling methods; Limitations and benefits of SWS and calcium chloride drilling; Examples of using the methods.
- Rehab With Purpose. Frantz, John Parris // National Driller;Oct2015, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p22
The article reports that the U.S. drilling industry members and charities donated equipment, supplies and expertise to rehabilitate and maintain the partially-blocked primary water well to full-capacity in Sendafa, Ethiopia.
- WOONSOCKET: BUILT ON WATER. // South Dakota Magazine;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
The article features the artesian well that was drilled in Woonsocket, South Dakota in 1889.
- High-Powered Lasers Hold Promise As Drilling/Completion Tools. Parker, Richard A. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 228 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on a study conducted by U.S. Gas Technology Institute to determine the feasibility of adapting high-powered lasers by the military for use in drilling and completing gas storage wells. Evaluation of laser and rock interaction; Identification of barriers to development of a commercial...
- Walking the tightrope between pore pressure and fracture gradient. Bruce, Bob; Borel, Robb; Bowers, Glenn // Offshore;Aug2001, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p92
Discusses the implication of drilling in deepwater to the understanding of, and appreciation for, pore pressures and fracture gradients. Information on the drilling of the Kestrel well; Overburden stresses for the Kestren well; Application of riserless drilling.