Tenneco's chairman and CEO resigns
- Tenneco Energy widens focus for shareholder value. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr96, Vol. 223 Issue 4, p30
Presents an interview with Tenneco Energy Resources Corp. Chairman and Chief Executive Steve Chesebro regarding the company's corporate strategy. Importance of overseas projects; Chesebro's educational and professional background; Focus on shareholder value; Creation of the Ventures unit;...
- Tenneco Gas becomes Tenneco Energy. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec95, Vol. 222 Issue 12, p1
Reports that Tenneco Gas has changed its name to Tenneco Energy to reflect its growing presence in the energy industry. Evolution of the company; Steve Chesebro as Tenneco Energy chairman and chief executive officer; Company activities.
- El Paso Energy completes merger with Coastal. // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p14
Covers the merger between the El Paso Energy company and Coastal Corp. Value of the merger; Background of the two companies.
- El Paso Corporation. // Underground Construction;Mar2001, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p69
Reports on the completion of the merger between El Paso Energy and Coastal Corp. in the United States. Overview of the Pipeline reporting segment of the merged El Paso Corp.; Function of the Marketing Energy group; Role to be played by the Production group.
- GOM Pipelines Change Hands. Smith, Jennifer E. // Offshore;Feb2000, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the plan of El Paso Energy to divest some of its pipeline service as required by the United States Federal Trade Commission for its merger with Sonat. Background on the pipelines.
- El Paso Will Keep Coastal's Chemicals. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;2/2/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 5, p18
Reports that El Paso Energy will have to maintain the bulk of Coastal Corporation's chemical operations until 2002 to preserve favorable tax treatment under `pooling interests' accounting rules. Reason for acquiring Coastal; Chemical operations of Coastal.
- ANR Pipeline workers qualify for merger packages. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;04/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p31
Focuses on the joint proxy statement issued by Coastal Corp. and El Paso Energy Corp. on a merger with ANR Pipeline Co. in Michigan. Outline of benefits program for eligible Coastal employees; Severance plan for regular employees; Opportunities for growth and creation of stockholder value.
- In the Deal Flow. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p35
Lists major corporation mergers and acquisitions as of January 2000. Includes Glaxo Wellcome PLC's acquisition of SmithKline Beecham PLC; Merger between El Paso Energy Corp. and Coastal Corp.; JDS Uniphase Corp.'s acquisition of E-Tek Dynamics Inc.
- Merging Funds Slate Allocation Study. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;04/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the merger between El Paso Energy Corp. and Sonat Inc. Asset allocation mix for El Passo Energy's defined benefit plan; Reason behind the consolidation.