Enron and Portland General to merge
- Enron, Portland General announces merge. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p6
Announces the merger of Enron Corp. and Portland General Corp. Estimated equity value of the merger; Terms and conditions of the merger; Expected benefits from the merger.
- Enron buys Portland General. // Power Engineering;Sep96, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p12
Reports on Enron Corp.'s signing of an agreement to purchase Portland General Corp.
- Enron, Portland General align to meet competitive challenges head-on. Warkentin, Denise // Electric Light & Power;Sep96, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the merger between Enron Corp. and Portland General Corp. Value of the stock-for-stock transaction; Need for shareholder approval; Terms of the merger agreement.
- Enron, PGC file for merger. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Nov96, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p6
Reports that Enron Corp. has filed a request with the Oregon Public Utilities concerning their planned merger with Portland General Corp. (PGC). Retention of the PGC management structure; Approval of shareholders and the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on the merger; Retention of the...
- Enron selling newsprint mills. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p5
Reports the sale of Enron Corp. of recycled newsprint mill in Garfield, New Jersey. Request of court approval on the sale of the Garden State Paper Co.; Interest of the Belkorp Industries Inc. in buying Garden State through bankruptcy court; Accounts on the closure of the Garden State.
- Enron Fallout Hits M&A. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/3/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 22, p15
Focuses on the impact of Enron Corp. bankruptcy on the mergers and acquisitions market. Revelation of the financial problems of Enron; Resolutions on legal and regulatory issues; Implications of the fallout on asset valuations.
- Dynegy terminates merger with Enron; bankruptcy possible. // LP/Gas;Dec2001, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the termination of the plan of Dynegy Inc. to acquire energy company Enron Corporation. Effect of the termination of the acquisition plan on the finances of Enron; Reason for the termination of the acquisition plan; Impact of the business failure of Enron on energy trading markets.
- UBS Wins Bid for Enron's Trading Unit . Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;1/14/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p23
Reports the selection of UBS Warburg by Enron Corp. as the buyer of its wholesale electricity and natural gas-trading business in North America. Filing of Enron for protection from creditors under Chapter 11 of the federal Bankruptcy Code; Approval of the selection by the creditors committee;...
- Dynergy walks from proposed Enron buy. Davis, Kathleen // Electric Light & Power;Dec2001, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p1
Reports the termination of the merger agreement between Enron Corp. and Dynegy in Houston, Texas. Allegation of Dynegy on breaches of representations, warranties, covenants and other agreements; Details of the stock for stock merger; Effect of the departure of Andrew Fastow, former chief...