River crossing poses challenges for contractor
- Pipe Ramming Percussive Power Assists During Giant Pullback. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2002, Vol. 229 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the strategy of the Laney Directional Drilling Inc. on the difficult directional drilling conditions of a project in the U.S. Use of pipe ramming percussive power during pullback assist; Challenges of directional drilling operations under water; Pipe-ramming techniques developed to...
- Laney Directional Drilling Co. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p93
The article offers information on Laney Directional Drilling Co., a pipeline drilling company, which has a well established reputation for pipeline and utility service industries and recognized as one of the most competent big diameter pipeline directional drilling companies in the U.S.
- Laney Directional Drilling Completes Record Setting Drill. Tubb, Rita // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2003, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the achievement made by the drilling company Laney Directional Drilling Inc. in South America. Joint venture between the firm and Bolinter Construcciones Petroleras S.A.; Completion of the drill by the firm; Factors contributing to the success of the pipeline project.
- Laney Celebrates 20 Years As Large HDD Pioneer. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Nov2009, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p32
The article reports that Laney Directional Drilling Co. based in Humble, Texas is celebrating its 20th year as a large horizontal directional drilling (HDD) pioneer on pipeline projects. The company was founded by Marcus, Dickey, and Steve Laney, together with Robert Hamil in response to the...
- Laney Directional Drilling Co. Has Moved. // Underground Construction;Jan2014, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p68
The article reports that Laney Directional Drilling Co. has relocated its headquarters in Texas to better serve its customers as of January 2014 and states that the management team of the company has years of experience in the horizontal directional drilling (HOD) installations of pipelines.
- Laney Directional Drilling Completes Record Setting Drill. Tubb, Rita // Underground Construction;Apr2003, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p23
Reports on the use of a directional drill for installation of natural gas pipeline from Bolivia to Brazil by Laney Directional Drilling Co. Creation of the Yacuiba-Rio Grander pipeline; Implication of pipeline projects for economic growth and increasing natural gas exports; Problems of the...
- Directional bores used to install anodes and reference cells under storage tanks. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar99, Vol. 226 Issue 3, p2
Reports on Houston, Texas-based Laney Inc.'s provision of a corrosion solution at the Explorer Pipelines tank farm in Caddo Mills, Texas. Use of directional bores to accommodate the anode assemblies; Boring configuration; Cathodic protection systems.
- Laney Finds New Tech Solution For Challenging Crossing. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p44
The article offers a review of the Direct Pipe system, directional drilling machine, from Herrenknecht AG, and mentions that the system was used by the contractor Laney Directional Drilling Co. to make an underground wetlands crossing on a segment of a pipeline project in the Northeast U.S.
- Laney Directional Drilling Co. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p24
The article offers information on Laney Direction Drilling Co. which provides pipeline contractors with an installation of engineered integrity.