GRI Software helps automate, lower guided boring operations
- Planning/Mapping Technology Slowly Gains Acceptance. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep99, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p63
Focuses on software for horizontal directional drilling (HDD) work. Main benefits and capabilities; Some of the software; Reason for the hesitation of many drillers in using planning systems.
- Bore Pilot Aids In HDD Planning. // Underground Construction;Mar2007, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p43
The article evaluates Vermeer's Bore Pilot, a planning tool to assist civil engineers, project owners and contractors in horizontal directional drilling.
- Pipelines balk at GRI funding proposal. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Jul97, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p5
Provides information on the research and development program of the Gas Research Institute (GRI) and its impact to the pipeline companies. Source of funding of the program; Amount needed yearly for the research at GRI; Funding problems; Amount of voluntary surcharge accounts for one-half of the...
- GRI dedicates pipeline simulation facility. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul95, Vol. 222 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the Gas Research Institute has dedicated its pipeline simulation facility near Columbus, Ohio. Facility designed to test and develop technologies in controlled but realistic pipeline operating environment; Facility features; Pipe sections removable.
- GRI builds on positive change, elects new officers. Congram, Gary E. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul95, Vol. 222 Issue 7, p52
Reports that the Gas Research Institute is now recognized worldwide as the last word on gas industry research in the United States. Establishment of customer interface links; GRI's researches to determine value-added technology; Thomas L. Fisher's election as chairman of GRI's board of...
- Delivering R&D. // Underground Construction;Jun99, Vol. 54 Issue 6, GAS RESEARCH INSTITUTE (GRI) p1
Presents an excerpt from the Gas Research Institute's (GRI) journal `GRID' about some of the most significant developments at GRI.
- GRI well fracturing study to map treatment, results. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p16
Presents information on efforts by the Gas Research Institute to develop a better comprehension of the linkage between well fracture treatment and results. Projected goal of research; What GRI will do in Colorado.
- Gas Research Institute. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jan96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p73
Focuses on Brian E. O'Neill, president and chief executive officer of Williams Interstate Natural Gas Systems (WINGS). O'Neill's election to Gas Research Institute Board of Directors.
- GRI begins restructuring program. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the Gas Research Institute's announcement of a 20 percent reduction in its 1996 budget, staff reductions and a restructuring effort on its research, development and commercialization program. Statement from GRI President and Chief Executive Officer Stephen Ban.