Better safe than sorry
- Deciding if a cryopump is right for you. Comello, Vic // R&D Magazine;Jan98, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p77
Discusses whether a cryopump is right for your application in relation to vacuum technology. What is a cryopump; How cryopumps work; What are the worst enemies to cryopumps; Additional information on cryopumps.
- Full-function controller. // Industrial Heating;Dec96, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p68
Reviews the MaxiGauge, a full-function controller from Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology, which allows simultaneous measurement from six different gauge heads. Additional features of the controller; Claims that the MaxiGauge is suited for system builders and general vacuum applications.
- Understanding vacuum technology. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Nov96, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p37
Focuses on industrial vacuum systems. Measurement of the vacuum's force; Gages that measure vacuum level; Industrial vacuum ranges; How vacuum pumps and compressors compare; Venturi-based vacuum systems; Non-positive versus positive-displacement pumps; Vacuum pump types. INSETS: What about...
- New pumps help companies stay leaders in vac tech. // R&D Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p49
Presents technological innovations in the manufacture of vacuum equipment. Includes Edwards High Vacuum International's new production approach to its RV mechanical pumps; Balzers Co.'TPH/U 180 all-magnetic, wide-range turbomolecular pump; Leybold Group's SOGEVAC/RUVAC magnetic turbo pumps;...
- 20 new vacuum technology products. // R&D Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p73
Presents information on vacuum technology products. Surface/Interface new line of UHV-compatible motors; Leybold Inficon IC/5 thin-film deposition controller; CTI-Cryogenics' On-Board Central Control for Windows.
- Study of vacuum carburizing process parameters. Herring, Daniel H. // Industrial Heating;Sep96, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p59
Studies the vacuum carburizing process parameters and the work done to evaluate the influence of gas composition and gas pressure on the carburizing process together with the result of factorial experiments. How the process works; Effects of temperature and time in the process; Influence of...
- Design challenges in vacuum robotics. Korczynski, Ed // Solid State Technology;Oct96, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p62
Discusses design challenges in vacuum robotics. Process tool automation; Linear and rotary feedthrough; Lubricants; Principles of ferrofluidic sealing; Bearings materials; Vapor pressures of high vacuum greases; Extremes of temperature and pressure.
- Accurate flow measurement in vacuum processing. Tison, S.A. // Solid State Technology;Oct96, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p73
Discusses accurate flow measurement in vacuum processing. Thermal mass flow measurement; Calibration of thermal mass flowmeters; Deviations of the manufacturer's nitrogen calibration fo five low-range TMFMs from NIST-measured values; Environmental variables; Gas correction factors.
- Challenging future forecast for vacuum industry. Studt, Tim // R&D Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p83
Presents information on challenges involving vacuum technology with reference to a survey of vacuum technologists by `R&D' magazine. What are the challenges; Comments from Fred Dylla, of technology transfer at the Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility; What would improve the...
- Vacuum-industry changes. // R&D Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p15
Presents an update in the United States' vacuum-industry as of December 1995. MKS Instruments' acquisition of UTI Instruments; Election of Gary McGuire as the American Vacuum Society's 1996 president.