Tengiz pipeline construction to begin
- BIG OIL'S PIPE DREAM. Mellow, Craig // Fortune;3/2/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p158
Looks at the efforts of Chevron to turn a corner of Kazakhstan into an oil capital of the world. The large oil strike in Tengiz proven to be the richest new oil field in 20 years; The investment made by Chevron and the risks; The competition from other big-oil rivals; The problems that lie in...
- Chevron trims spending on Kazakhstan project. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May95, Vol. 222 Issue 5, p14
Reports that Chevron has begun trimming its budget for the Tengiz oil project in Kazakhstan. Cause of Chevron's action; Cause of lagging production of the field.
- Oil together now. G.S. // Earth Island Journal;Fall96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p14
Reports on deal struck by Chevron Corp. with Russia, Oman and six foreign oil companies to build a $1.2 billion, 900-mile pipeline from Kazakhstan to the Black Sea following the Kazakh government's sale of its 50% share in the Tengiz oil field to Mobil Corp. Background on the 1993 joint venture...
- Turks join US for Kazakh oil expansion. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/25/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p23
Reports on the $250 million deal planned by Chevron Corp. of the United States and Turkey's Enka to expand crude output at Kazakhstan's greater Tengiz oil field by 30% within two years. Terms of the proposed production-sharing agreement; Developments in Russia in relation to the oil expansion.
- KAZAKHSTAN, FOREIGN OIL CONSORTIUM REACH AGREEMENT ON FINANCING OF TENGIZ OIL FIELD EXPANSION. // Middle East Business Intelligence;11/5/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the agreement between Kazakhstan and Tengis-Chevroil for the financing of an expansion of the Tengiz oil field in the western region of the country. Effort of the government to rewrite its 1993 contract with the consortium; Payments of the consortium to the Kazakh government;...
- Xiom's Portable Technology Put to the Test. // Products Finishing;Sep2008, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the results of the testing conducted on Xiom Corp.'s portable polymer powder coating technology at Tengiz Oil Fields in Kazakhstan. The product evaluation showed positive results and it suggests that the company's spray-gun powder coating technology will alleviate the...
- Bangladesh to Build New Pipeline for Chevron Gas. QUADIR, SERAJUL // News India Times;01/20/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the plan of the Bangladesh government to build a new gas pipeline to bring output from Chevron Corp. fields to the capital Dhaka and to western regions as it combats shortages.
- Industry Forecast Scenario. // Kazakhstan Oil & Gas Report;Q4 2009, p29
The article presents an overview of the oil and gas industry of Kazakhstan. It is stated that Tengiz field output has been enhanced through a 6 billion dollars expansion project. KazMunaiGaz (KMG) signed a deal with Tengiz and Kashagan operators to set up the Kazakh Caspian Transport System...
- Crude oil and its products as feedstock for producing ion-exchange materials. Ergozhin, E.; Nikitina, A.; Kabulova, G.; Bektenov, N. // Petroleum Chemistry;Jan2012, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p49
The possibility of producing ion-exchange materials based on crude oils from the Tengiz field and oil products has been explored. A one-step method for synthesizing new sulfonated and phosphate cation exchangers based on oil feedstock has been developed, and their sorption capacity for ions of...