Telecommuting: When should you offer the opportunity?
- Telecommuting still limited, but growing. Lavallee, Wendy J. // Communications News;Dec93, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p30
Reports on the study done by the Yankee group on telecommuting growth and benefits. Formal and informal telecommuting; Companies implementing telecommuting programs; Training of telecommuters; Pros and cons of telecommuting; Predictions. INSET: The pros and cons of telecommuting..
- The best places to work from home. Grimes, Brad; Chapman, Fern Schumer // Money;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p160
Highlights the best places to work from home in the United States in 1997. The easiest commute as being from the bedroom to the home office; Examples of people who benefit from a home office; The ten best locations to work from home; Details about each; The ten best mid-sized and small...
- At home in the office. // Management Today;Mar96, p15
Focuses on the issue of telecommuting. What are the advantages and disadvantages of telecommuting; Information on Margie Marr, an advertising sales executive with the Insider Group, and her former telecommuting job; Comments of Neil Duguid, a director of Prince Computer Services; Managerial...
- Advancing, slowly. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the percentage of female employees who relocated in 1995 in the United States. Breakdown of the percentage into different categories; Description of a typical transferee.
- Services offered to expatriates. Parkinson, Deborah // Across the Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p56
Presents reasons for employees refusal or the inability to relocate successfully. Array of services offered by companies to ease employees on global assignments.
- ... With new concerns about relocation. // Secretary;Feb94, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p6
Details a report on relocation called `Runzheimer Reports on Relocation'. Challenges for relocation specialists; Personal concerns of relocated employees; Demand for the services of relocation administrators.
- Helping foreign nationals adapt to the U.S. Copeland, Anne P. // Personnel Journal;Feb95, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p83
Discusses how human resource (HR) executives can help foreign managers who assume temporary assignments in the United States. HR managers' role in assisting employees' transition; Cultural diversity of foreign employees; Organizations' support for dual-career couples; Children's schooling;...
- Easing the pain. Greenberg, Eric J. // Crain's New York Business;3/6/95, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p21
Focuses on relocation programs for employees living in New York City. Categories; Financial issues; Reasons for employee reluctance to accept transfers.
- Pontiac-GMC on the move. // Automotive News;2/10/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5699, p4
Reports that Pontiac-GMC is expected to relocate its marketing, sales service and support staff into the 100 Tower of Detroit's Renaissance Center, by April 4, 1997.