The temp pool's shrinking
- Temps are now permanent labor. Hubbard II, Thomas E. // Las Vegas Business Press;4/12/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p6
Presents advice on the hiring of temporary workers from temporary help services in the U.S. Number of jobs added by staffing firms; Adoption of an in-demand, just-in-time and just-in-skills human resource model; Demand for flexible employment; Reduction of hiring expenses; Minimization of...
- STRATEGIC TEMP-TATIONS. Grossman, Robert J. // HR Magazine;Mar2012, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses the dominance of temporary workers (temps) and temporary to permanent (temp-to-perm) workers in the U.S. workplace. Topics discussed include the role of human resources (HR) in hiring and maintaining a temp, the benefits for employers of using a staffing agency to hire...
- Will Temporary Workers Work for You? Kopochinski, Lisa // HR Professional;Oct2014, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p35
The article examines the benefits that companies gain from hiring temporary employees. Topics discussed include the reasons for smaller businesses' reluctance to hire temporary employees, the factors to consider to determine whether it is the right time to hire temporary employees and the...
- A temporary boom in the job market. Kurlantzick, Joshua // U.S. News & World Report;03/19/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p40
Focuses on temporary workers in the job market as of winter 2001. Role of staffing agencies in matching job seekers with prospective employers; Drawbacks to temporary employment, including low pay and lack of benefits; Percentage of corporations that use temporary help; Speculation on the...
- THE ART OF CHOOSING A STAFFING AGENCY. Grossman, Robert J. // HR Magazine;Mar2012, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p33
The article provides advice for employers looking to use a staffing agency in order to hire temporary (temp) or temporary to permanent (temp-to-perm) workers. It recommends thoroughly researching the agency, using criteria like how long it takes the company to deliver a qualified candidate, what...
- Temporary help workers: who they are, what jobs they hold. Howe, Wayne J. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov86, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p45
Examines trends in the temporary help supply service industry in the United States, collected in May 1985 through a special supplement of the Current Population Survey. Wage and salary employment in the sector; Characteristics of temporary help workers; Supply and demand for temporary labor;...
- Temporary employment agencies. Sherman // Orange County Business Journal;11/01/99, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p24
Lists temporary employment agencies in Orange County, California. Corporate headquarters and contact information; Number of employees; Average hourly wage; Services offered; Officials.
- Largest temporary service firms. Fenrick, Katrina; Schmidt, Kathleen // Crain's Chicago Business;03/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p25
Presents data on the largest temporary service firms in Chicago, Illinois, as of 1999. Financial performance; Growth of employment; Includes Staffing Network; Interim Services; Manpower Inc.; Robert Half International Inc.
- Temp agencies boost totals in 1st quarter. // Inside Tucson Business;07/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p31
Reports on the increase of average daily employment in temporary help industry in Tucson, Arizona for the first quarter of 1998 according to a survey done by the National Association of Temporary Staffing Services. Percentage of increase in both revenue and payroll.